"(to be) closed-minded"
to be unwilling to consider new ideas
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just found this new idea for data manipulation that is really amazing. It is a brand-new idea. I can't wait to show the boss.
Colleague 2: Don't get your hopes up that the boss will accept the new idea.
Colleague 1: Why not?
Colleague 2: The boss is very closed-minded and, therefore, very reluctant to even consider anything new. The boss usually waits until an idea is proven true and functional before even beginning to think that it may have validity.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: There is no way that the Earth is four billion years old. The bible tells us that God created the Earth around six thousand years ago.
Friend 2: But what about scientific evidence that proves the age of the Earth?
Friend 1: The science is flawed. I believe the bible.
Friend 2: What if I explained carbon-dating to you so that you could understand how the science works?
Friend 1: No thank you. I believe what I believe and that is the end of it.
Friend 2: I am sorry that you are so closed-minded to new ideas.
Being closed-minded, the old professor would not even listen to students' ideas.
1) ... she commented that as I was intelligent why would I be too closed-minded to consider it?
2) Practical application is a pretty closed-minded way to evaluate the importance of knowledge.
3) ... the tribal "scientists" refused to consider it at all. They remained closed-minded -- as many modern thinkers have been totally closed-minded to any possibility to the existence ...
4) For a freethinker you seem to be remarkably closed-minded!
5) Their decision not to release IE 9 to XP is foolish and closed-minded. XP will live on another several years.
6) Ignorant people are so closed-minded, not only do they never ask questions, but they condemn those who do.
7) Some people are closed-minded and choose not to stretch their mental capacity to accept people who are different from ...
8) The academic community I know is intolerant of dissent, especially political dissent, closed-minded, defensive, and frequently lazy.
9) The problem with your article is that it's closed-minded and it assumes that there are absolutes.
10) I see the behaviour of a lot of atheists to be as closed-minded and antagonistic as the religious people they are attacking.
11) Both of these approaches are too closed-minded to reliably find credible answers, and neither approach is how science is supposed to ...
12) ... also tend to be completely closed-minded, refusing to consider alternate possibilities.
13) The people that insult others for their opinion only prove to be closed-minded.
14) It's a very sad, closed-minded way of living, in my humble opinion... to not open your mind to ...
15) ... false, bad science, refuted many times before... but that doesn't stop closed-minded individuals from clinging to false beliefs.
16) ... how wrong you are, but you are totally wrong. Why are you so closed-minded towards video games? You are a smart person, so this is really baffling.
17) ... do you automatically assume that everyone with a differing opinion to your own is a closed-minded, materialistic sheep? Your arrogance is stunning.
18) ... as obstinate and as fanatically closed-minded as any run-of-the-mill fundamentalist's.
19) Environmentalism is a closed-minded religion. It does not allow scientific testing or simple observance of reality that would ...
20) I wonder if there is a virus that causes people to be closed-minded, refusing to consider facts that challenge what they thought they knew?