"to clown around"
to act silly
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready for the big negotiation session?
Colleague 2: Absolutely. Let's go.
Colleague 1: Ha ha. Very funny with the glasses and fake teeth.
Colleague 2: It is one of my new negotiation strategies.
Colleague 1: Very funny. Now stop clowning around and let's get serious. This negotiation is very important.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: This line is taking forever to move. We'll be lucky to get our tickets before the movie starts.
Friend 2: Where are Ken and Paul?
Friend 1: They got bored waiting so they are having a bit of fun as we hold our place in line.
Friend 2: Those two always like to clown around.
Friend 1: Sure is fun to watch when they are acting silly.
Clowning around in class is not acceptable behavior.
1) ... were standing at attention at their stations. No movement. No restocking. No clowning around. They were focused.
2) ... there's a photo taken some nerve-shredded morning, in which tired young men are clowning around, saluting the camera with tubes of Preludin.
3) Admittedly, the goalkeeper will be clowning around on (or off) his line and waving his arms around like an ...
4) ... the sport and enjoy expert commentary and analysis, not watch a bunch of people clowning around on what looks like a kids TV programme.
5) ... video swept the internet, mainly thanks to the comic appeal of the eminent artist clowning around to K-pop; but the Chinese authorities scented subversion and banned it.
6) It was during this year, spending much of his time clowning around, that he discovered a taste and talent for comedy.
7) ... isn't meant to frighten you, but rather to show you the potential effects of clowning around. Rough, playful-like movements can cause whiplash in babies whose neck muscles are ...
8) ... she sings parodies all day and laughs at her own jokes. She is constantly clowning around, and jumping around.
9) It also made me feel extremely guilty for all the hours I spend clowning around in my current job, ...
10) ... the bus driver wouldn't take them to school because some of the boys were clowning around.
11) He would try to overcompensate. He would try to clown around and I know that those are things people do, ...
12) Have fun, make friends, sing, write poetry, say hi5, clown around, flirt (if that is your style), dance, have a ...
13) ... well-defined public image but amongst your friends are you a funny person? Do you clown around with your pals and things?
14) She begins to clown around with crazy moves while the woman's voice continues to encourage her.
15) He would clown around, describing in graphic detail of how he climbed onto a tree branch to ...
16) When they are together Jack smiles and laughs and (to be honest) clowns around like a little boy.
17) He knows when his friend was being serious. He never clowns around whenever his best friend was being serious.
18) ... he better hope he shows more skills because if he clowns around in this fight or if he stays in 1st gear all night long like ...
19) We all dressed up as office workers and clowned around -- I mean acted -- for a day.
20) It was a great group to be in! We all laughed and clowned around as we inched our way up to the security gate, ...