an expression used to ask someone to repeat what they said usually when the listener wants to express disbelief
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Have you heard that the professor changed the due date for our assignment?
Student 2: No, but that's good. I could use a little more time to finish.
Student 1: Actually the professor needs our assignments a week earlier.
Student 2: Come again? Excuse me? Is that even allowed?
Student 1: He's the professor and can do what he wants.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just got a memo that the company is cutting staff by twenty percent.
Colleague 2: Come again?
Colleague 1: Yes, you heard me right, twenty percent staff reduction.
Colleague 2: I can't believe that.
Colleague 1: It's true.
Telling someone to come again means that you did not believe them the first time.
1) Come again? In other words, every time you press the " Like " button, your vote is added.
2) Come again? Pelosi says what she says -- that Republicans would have filibustered a budget.
3) Come again? Indeed, there are only two match ups pitting ranked teams Saturday.
4) " We're never getting off this planet. Come again? " Jack turned to Sam. " Can I have that in the form I can understand?
5) Come again? Criminals with guns seek out places where people can't have firearms.
6) The woman smiled. Come again dearheart? # You don't know what this is.
7) " Come again?" "We can't send mail farther than 500 miles from here.
8) Come again? Did you honestly expect Kristen to say " No the promo sucks?"
9) " Dean: " Come again? " Kevin: " Banish all demons off the face of the earth.
10) Come again on being selfish? Who's being selfish?
11) # Anonymous # come again? what? peaceful revolutionary # Please! The high road???
12) " Come again? " Hearing her sing something so aggressive was surprising to say the least.
13) The Wolf: Come again? Vincent: I said a please would be nice.
14) Come again? If " everyone " is privileged, the concept of privilege makes no sense.
15) Come again? My grandfather? My daddy?
16) Come again? Clearly this was a mistake. Me violate anything?
17) Come again? This argument infuriates me.
18) Huh? come again? This is not a typical request and this is not a good sign.
19) Come again? You mean its good?
20) A NEW CONDO in the Lower Mainland for less than $100,000? Come again? Yes, you will love life at LIFT Abbotsford Condos!