"to come to no good"
to have a bad outcome
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm really worried about my son.
Friend 2: What's happening?
Friend 1: He has started spending time with some really bad people and I think he is getting involved with criminal activity.
Friend 2: That doesn't sound good. There can't be a good outcome to that.
Friend 1: No, I think that my son will end up in jail.
Friend 2: It's terrible to think that our children will come to no good.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: Do you really think it was a good idea to bring home this stray dog?
Wife: The poor thing was suffering so much.
Husband: Yes, we watched her in the park for a week. She was in heat and mated with at least five different dogs. I am sure this dog is pregnant.
Wife: It'll all be OK.
Husband: I'm sure this situation will come to no good when there are our two dogs, this stray and six puppies running around our house.
Coming to no good, the removal of the dictator just allowed another to rise to power.
1) ... master turned me adrift in disgrace, and told me I would come to no good.
2) ... after remarking that unless you change your unfortunate habits you will come to no good, gave me this money himself ...
3) The 67 Referendum and the powers it gave government have come to no good.
4) Once again her manipulative scheming has come to no good, her judgement isn't in question it has GONE.
5) ... and he muttered as he went along, 'This will come to no good, it is too much to ask; ...
6) ... these were the lads who the teachers told us "would come to no good".
7) We may see good people whose goodness seems to come to no good fruit, while there are evildoers who get away with everything and never come to ...
8) ... are taking advantages of or relying on the others power, will come to no good end! We will not attack unless we are attacked; ...
9) And we prevented others from obeying them. We have come to no good.
10) All that socializing will come to no good! Keep that water cooler talk to a minimum!
11) This will come to no good. It is too much to ask.
12) ... and contemplating me with a mournful presentiment that I should come to no good, asked, Why is it that the young are never grateful?
13) That junkies come to no good end, and despite a lifetime of keeping it at bay, ...
14) ... among us to do harm or at least no good, will come to no good end themselves because, ...
15) ... under sixty days, or, if it is, the litter comes to no good.
16) ... shame about Billy Joe anyhow. Seems like nothin' ever comes to no good up on Choctaw Ridge, ...
17) Now, allowing Ukraine to come close to our units will come to no good.
18) ... another a mute, homosexual prostitute, and she had these terrible delusions about how all her children would come to no good.
19) She said, “It sounded kind of fun for a few seconds, but then, in my heart, I knew it would come to no good.”
20) Repeatedly, he told her she was rubbish and would come to no good.