"to compare notes"
to exchange ideas, views or opinions
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How's the marketing section of the product launch going?
Colleague 2: Great. How about the advertising section?
Colleague 1: It's going great as well.
Colleague 2: Maybe we should get together and compare notes on the big picture.
Colleague 1: OK. Let's set up a meeting and talk about the launch tomorrow.
Two tourists are chatting ...
Tourist 1: How was your day?
Tourist 2: It was great. I saw the sights mostly on the west side of the city.
Tourist 1: Excellent. I spent my day mostly on the east side but I want to visit the west as well.
Tourist 2: And I'd like to check out the east. Let's compare notes on our experiences.
Comparing notes is a great way to generate further ideas.
1) She suggested maybe they could get together sometime and compare notes and strategies.
2) Well folks, cut and paste away. We'll compare notes at the end of the season.
3) I may run my own experiment and then we can compare notes.
4) ... Institutions for Higher Learning and For Profit Organizations all gathered to compare notes and elevate our mission.
5) ... to point out what is morally wrong with our country. So let's compare notes shall we.
6) Sadly, my sister is the only person left that I can compare notes with: our parents and grandparents, aunts, uncles etc are all long gone ...
7) I believe they compare notes at all of these functions, illegally, on former staff and blackball them during ...
8) Compare notes and ask for second opinions.
9) Looking forward to meeting you one day so we can compare notes.
10) It gives business owners a place where they can compare notes, ask questions, get advice, and learn from one another's mistakes.
11) ... and having "Friday night drinks", seeing my friends, bragging and comparing notes over all the "really cool and hard" work we were doing ...
12) ... so we meandered up Middle Harbour comparing notes on paddling and life in general as the rain gentle fell about us.
13) Later, Mary Ann and I were comparing notes and apparently she had the exact same battle experiences with him today, including the ...
14) ... but I thought you might be interested in "comparing notes".
15) The following morning the two husbands are comparing notes over the phone.
16) When I compared notes with Patricia, I discovered that there was an enormous difference in the ending scenes.
17) They were travelling in the opposite direction to us, so we compared notes on the road ahead and had a gear chat... they were carrying a little ...
18) We compared notes on the common ground held by paramedics and pastors.
19) I saw Boris this week and we compared notes on Heathrow to see what we could do to kill off the third runway.
20) I assured them, that once they returned to the ship and compared notes with the other passengers, they would have had an experience like no other!