"(as) cool as a cucumber"
to be very calm and self-possessed
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Natasha sure is a good negotiator.
Colleague 2: Why do you say that?
Colleague 1: Have you ever watched her in a negotiation? Everyone in the room can be shouting and getting upset and threatening to walk out but Natasha remains calm and collected. She just stays as cool as a cucumber.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Herbert and I witnessed a pretty bad car accident yesterday.
Friend 2: And of course, Herbert jumped in to help, right?
Friend 1: Yes he did. People were crying and bleeding and it was total pandemonium but Herbert remained calm, took control of the situation and probably saved some lives with his clear thinking.
Friend 2: That's Herbert. Always cool as a cucumber.
Being as cool as a cucumber, she remained calm during the disaster.
1) The next day I was cool as a cucumber until about an hour beforehand when panic set in.
2) I thought she was as cool as a cucumber and totally focused. A number of Opposition spokespersons literally bully interviewers by talking over ...
3) She's cool as a cucumber and pretty fair bowler as well. Pressure did not really seem to affect her.
4) ... done but there are a few tricks that will make you look cool as a cucumber - even if on the inside you're curled up on the floor, whimpering ...
5) Speakers who claim to be 'cool as a cucumber' are often as interesting as a cucumber as well.
6) just milling around and chatting. Georgie was cool as a cucumber. I was the one constantly thinking' have we done everything?!?
7) He was as cool as a cucumber while under pressure in his own zone.
8) ... lets anything get him too high or too low. He was cool as a cucumber on Saturday while surrounded by the hungry media pack looking for a quote or two ...
9) ... live televised events where stress levels are high, and I'm cool as a cucumber, but when it comes to discussing practical issues with my mother I lose it ...
10) Coming back on the plane I was as cool as a cucumber and thinking, this is what we've got to do.
11) potential crash landing and cabin evacuation. The radar controller was a cool as a cucumber, taking over for the lost instruments in the cockpit.
12) On the plane I was as cool as a cucumber, although I was extremely excited on the inside.
13) I'm as cool as a cucumber in a crisis, me.
14) ... items that get lost in the server and read the news as cool as a cucumber while those in the gallery are doing the headless chicken act.
15) ... a young criminal with a gun in her hand and said, cool as a cucumber, " I'm pretty sure I'm a better shot than you are."
16) Even Michael the sound engineer, who is as cool as a cucumber was grinning like a fool.
17) If someone is as cool as a cucumber, they don't get worried by anything.
18) She was cool as a cucumber from inside and hot as fire in front of the camera.
19) Alonso was cool as a cucumber under immense pressure of starting from a lowly 7th place on the grid.
20) He is as cool as a cucumber in the face of adversity.