a lazy person who spends a lot of time sitting at home watching television
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm so lonely and bored. I wonder if I will ever have a boyfriend.
Friend 2: Perhaps if you didn't sit on the couch all day and watch TV, you might find someone.
Friend 1: But I enjoy being a couch potato.
Friend 2: Perhaps you could go on the internet and find a male couch potato?
Two parents are talking about their son ...
Mother: I'm worried about Ken.
Father: Me, too. Ever since he graduated high school, he's done nothing but sit around all day watching TV and playing games.
Mother: I'm not sure how we can inspire him to be more than a couch potato.
Father: Maybe we should start charging rent. Perhaps he'll look for a job.
Being a couch potato is not good for your health.
1) That couch potato lifestyle is costing you more than camaraderie at the neighborhood softball game.
2) I was a couch potato who ate a ton of junk food and got to nearly 300 pounds.
3) How much physical activity do you get? Are you a couch potato or a gym rat, someone who just sits and watches TV or someone ...
4) Just as you wouldn't try running a marathon after being a couch potato for three years, you wouldn't brake a cleanse by launching into full-feasting.
5) Whether you are an experienced runner or an experienced couch potato, you will be amongst friends in this epic event.
6) But when you go from being a full-blown couch potato to being a regular walker, you have really reduced the risk of bad ...
7) ... your strength and physical fitness, even if you're a senior or a self-confessed couch potato who has never exercised before.
8) Likewise, those who say no to doughnuts, cigarettes and being a couch potato will be less burdened by the poor choices of others.
9) I am not amazingly active but am not a couch potato as I chase my kids around a lot.
10) ... when I would feel the urge to stuff my face and be a couch potato in front of the TV, I told myself that I HAD to go ...
11) ... and no one feels the sense of transition more strongly than a couch potato as one sports season slides into another.
12) Football, meanwhile, is mid-season. Tennis is available to the couch potato year-round, at least if he subscribes, as I do, to the ...
13) Liberals need not fear Rush because his bobble-head, couch potato listeners will never get off their back-side, elect conservative politicians ...
14) ... as my level of fitness improves but I'm kicking myself for being such a couch potato for so long.
15) Your spouse joins the gym after years of being a slothful couch potato.
16) Whether you're a super athlete into extreme sports or a couch potato who just wants to do something relaxing ...
17) The cliche of the couch potato has been confirmed by a unique study establishing a link between mind-numbing television and ...
18) It sounds like an oxymoron -- active couch potato. But it's a modern-day phenomenon.
19) I went from being a total couch potato to running a 5K.
20) Instead of deciding between nap and exercise, Pam could make a choice between couch potato and pain relief.