"to count your lucky stars"
to be grateful for good luck (usually while avoiding a bad situation)
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking...
Friend 1: Why are you so late?
Friend 2: Well, I was driving down the freeway on my way over here when a big truck crossed the divider and was coming straight at my car.
Friend 1: What happened?
Friend 2: I managed to swerve out of the way but I bumped into another car in the next lane and there was a minor accident.
Friend 1: You could easily have been in a very bad accident. You should count your lucky stars.
Two coworkers are talking ...
Coworker 1: Why so sad?
Coworker 2: I almost lost my job.
Coworker 1: What happened?
Coworker 2: I forgot to do some regular maintenance on one of the machines in the factory. The machine I forgot to maintain broke and we lost one day's production.
Coworker 1: Did anyone get hurt?
Coworker 2: No! I count my lucky stars that no one was hurt.
Counting your lucky stars reminds you to be grateful for good luck.
1) Mate, you better count your lucky stars people are not giving up on this.
2) Yeah, yeah, there are exceptions. If you know of one, count your lucky stars.
3) You should count your lucky stars the landlord has given you permission to stay at their place.
4) Hey John! Sounds amazing... you're so right to count your lucky stars, and to live in the now... enjoy your adventures...
5) Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Also, count your lucky stars that your best friend is in love with you.
6) You should ALL count your lucky stars that you are even employed.
7) Honestly, if this is your only gripe or problem with the phone/OS, count your lucky stars.
8) We count our lucky stars that our marbles aren't scrambled to the extent of hers..
9) In the current political environment, we should count our lucky stars for the Murdoch press.
10) We have to count our lucky stars for how things have worked out for Israel and its Arab neighbors.
11) Senthorun should count his lucky stars he lives in a country that doesn't stone him to death.
12) He needs to count his lucky stars, take a long walk through the room of mirrors.
13) In the boys contest, Colin Wong Wei Ming could count his lucky stars for advancing to the last 16.
14) Not marriage material. He should count his lucky stars it all came full circle before he asked the fateful question.
15) I take a deep breath and count my lucky stars.
16) I should cease with the whining, and count my lucky stars.
17) I'm going to count my lucky stars that they are in my life.
18) I count my lucky stars that I live here in New York City.
19) Holdkriss99 and whomever else was involved in that mess should count their lucky stars to have someone like you in their world in any way.
20) Gabe always thinks of his daughter when making any decision. Halle should count her lucky stars that her ex is being a gentleman.