"to cover your tracks"
to conceal your whereabouts, activities, intentions, or the evidence of your involvement
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Were you using social media at work? You know that is against the rules, right? I hope you covered your tracks.
Colleague 2: No problem. I have a portable app that disguises the websites that a person visits. There is absolutely no way for IT to trace my use.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Hey. I thought you couldn't come to poker night?
Friend 2: I told my wife that I was going to the library.
Friend 1: Did you cover your tracks?
Friend 2: I stopped by the library and used my credit card to purchase some photocopies. My wife can look at my purchase record and see that I was there. But I can only stay a couple of hours or my wife would be suspicious of me spending too much time at a library.
Friend 1: And what about the smell of cigar smoke and alcohol when you go home?
Friend 2: I will take a shower here before I go home.
Covering his tracks, he wiped the computer's disk drive clean.
1) One easy way to cover your tracks is to pay for anything involving your lover with cash.
2) Cover your tracks. Never leave your plans lying around, even if you live alone.
3) ... but for me that existence with all the lying and trying to cover your tracks constantly just seems to me too stressful, and therefor not worth it.
4) If you want to delete this history see cover your tracks for advice about how to do this.
5) Women are natural born detectives. You're going to have to really cover your tracks once you start passing fibs off as the truth. One slip up and your ...
6) If they are smart enough to cover their tracks, you may want to purchase some surveillance software to basically spy on them.
7) ... would rather outsource it and try to cover their tracks rather than completely house such fraud within their organization.
8) To cover their tracks once the vessel is hijacked, pirates damage the communication equipment and at times even ...
9) ... crimes, and get away with them afterward, because they skillfully cover their tracks.
10) They don't know how to cover their tracks. It's fine to just hide, but a good tracker will find clues.
11) ... then faked his own death to cover his tracks.
12) The secrets and lies were constant as he tried to cover his tracks. Alcohol was always his number one priority.
13) He panicked, deleted the photo and made up the hacker story to cover his tracks.
14) He then attempted to cover his tracks by cleaning his car and burning his seat covers.
15) To help cover his tracks, there were false reports of his date of departure.
16) Tracy says that the principal is trying to cover her tracks by fabricating stories about his son.
17) The problem is that they are so damn good at covering their tracks and deceiving the public that we often never know for sure who did what and ...
18) ... were excellent in covering their tracks, leaving little trace that the attack would be coming there.
19) ... a good first step for catching lazy IT workers who didn't bother covering their tracks.
20) It may be that he was covering his tracks, and destroying evidence about the earliest plans for ...