"to crack a joke"
to tell a joke;
to say something humorous
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: I don't see Adam in class today.
Student 2: Oh that's right. You missed class yesterday.
Student 1: What happened?
Student 2: Adam cracked a joke in the middle of the professor's lecture. The whole class was laughing and as a result Adam was expelled from class for three days.
Student 1: So much for telling jokes in class.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Will Darcy be at the party tonight?
Friend 2: I believe so. Why?
Friend 1: He is a lot of fun. He is always cracking jokes.
Friend 2: He does tell a good joke.
Cracking a joke in the middle of a serious business meeting is not a good idea.
1) But one could always count on Vik to find a funny angle and crack a joke about almost everything.
2) He looks like the kind of guy who might crack a joke at a joint press conference.
3) Laughter is a well known, natural stress reducer. Watch a comedy, crack a joke, and increase those endorphin levels!
4) I wait for one of them to crack a joke about snot or Justin Bieber because when you're in grade six, ...
5) I was hoping to bump onto Conan O'Brien during the visit to his stage and crack a joke and see if he finds my joke funny.
6) You're the type to crack a joke at just the right moment or toss a witty, lighthearted remark into ...
7) He remembers Judge's wit and how he liked to crack a joke.
8) What is challenging about stand-up comedy? When I crack a joke and the audience laughs out loud, that high is extremely gratifying.
9) She doesn't laugh at your jokes. You crack a joke that should get even Chuck Norris bent over in laughter, ...
10) Others showed up to crack a joke or two to distract me from the seriousness of this disease and what ...
11) No teacher cracked a joke. They remained serious and business-like.
12) He would stand there saying "That's not funny" every time I cracked a joke or did something stupid.
13) Even at that fleeting moment of life, he cracked a joke at which they both laughed, it was reported.
14) My ex-girlfriend was the first one to comment on it. She cracked a joke, which I thought was funny.
15) I was hanging out with a friend last week when he cracked a joke. I laughed out loud.
16) and have fun at the same time. Whether it's breaking the tension by cracking a joke or finding creative uses for building materials, ...
17) A Red Bull driver cracking a joke or two is great and puts a smile on my face.
18) That man just doesn't know when the appropriate time for cracking a joke is.
19) ... so I guess she thought I was cracking a joke of some kind like I usually do when talking about touchy topics.
20) There's nothing like cracking a joke to lighten the post-mayhem mood.