to show sadness that is not sincere;
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Ah, man. I have to go to Hawaii again to close another deal. That'll be the fifth trip to Hawaii in six months.
Colleague 2: Oh, poor you. I feel so bad for you. It must be terrible. Is there anything I can do to help?
Colleague 1: Ya. Ha ha. Thanks for the crocodile tears.
Two lawyers are talking ...
Lawyer 1: Don't you get a little tired of the feigned remorse that convicted felons exhibit just before they are sentenced?
Lawyer 2: What's even harder to believe is that judges are actually fooled by the phony crocodile tears. Do you really think the guilty person's tears are sincere?
Lawyer 1: Not at all. They are just trying to get a reduced sentence.
There is no gerund form for crocodile tears.
1) ... feel bad for the cheater no matter how much they say they are sorry and cry crocodile tears, ...
2) She stage-managed her departure like she stage-managed her whole act, including last week's crocodile tears for all the girls she knew and abused.
3) ... detention and indiscriminate arrest of the type the UK and US governments would be crying crocodile tears about had it happened in Moscow.
4) I think it was genuine; I don't think it would be crocodile tears, ...
5) No. So in that sense his resignation is crocodile tears. He'll be off to pick up his parliamentary pension in 8 weeks ...
6) This m**o left that woman and their kids to die! All those crocodile tears and lame a*s excuse are crazy!
7) ... to many of us who pay for our own private health insurance. Quit crying crocodile tears, all you who are so fortunate to have employer health coverage, free ...
8) Paris Hilton waited a whole day before shedding crocodile tears over getting caught calling gay men on Grindr "disgusting" and saying they ...
9) He cries crocodile tears for the poor lettuce pickers and McDonald's help having to pay taxes to ...
10) The country will survive and prosper. For all you who are crying crocodile tears for the zillionaires, get over it.
11) He is welcome to cry his crocodile tears, But Anders Behring Breivik will never be anything but the coldblooded child-murderer.
12) ... wahhhh, the cable providers have already started to muscle in on their territory. Crocodile tears all around.
13) I do suggest that you shed your crocodile tears elsewhere and spare the forum from being subjected to your sanctimony.
14) The nauseatingly disingenuous right winger heart on sleeve crocodile tears and moans on display for all to see / hear aren't fooling anyone.
15) I wouldn't let him manipulate you with his crocodile tears and if a guy said something like this: ...
16) It also refers to the false weeping and crying of crocodile tears of false repentance.
17) You're not a consistent, logical thinker. While you shed crocodile tears over racist sellers, you won't shed a tear for sellers who have ...
18) ... be able to repent. (For real repentance, not for fake, with crocodile tears.) And so, it's all interwoven.
19) And your crocodile tears fool no one.
20) Now, put away the crocodile tears. Nobody is buying it.