"to crow about"
to brag about something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What is the boss crowing about this time?
Colleague 2: He is so proud of the fact that he was asked up to have lunch in the executive dining room again.
Colleague 1: Well, good for him but bragging about it is not a very executive behavior.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: My son was just accepted to Harvard. I always knew he would get in. He has always been such an intelligent boy.
Friend 2: That is definitely something to crow about. Getting into Harvard is quite an achievement.
Crowing about your accomplishments makes you look like a braggart.
1) Not enough to make a dent in unemployment, or to crow about too loudly.
2) ... those who gave it up, they don't feel like they had anything to crow about, or they thought they were doing it wrong, and so don't ...
3) Ms. Trespicio may crow about the delights of single-hood, but I think she is simply in denial.
4) We were there to enjoy the food and wine not stand around listening to him crow about how great he is.
5) If they figure out liquid metal, I think they might have something to crow about.
6) ... to have something to put on the mantelpiece, something to pose with, crow about, something with which to leverage ourselves into a better spot on the social ...
7) Two little runs, not much to crow about.
8) I don't think the Liberals have anything to crow about. Were I among them I would be embarrassed at the caliber of his ...
9) ... dollar rises and foreign cars become relatively cheaper. It's far too early to crow about this as a success as there are many other questions one could pose about ...
10) They were all prepared to lord it over their weak liberal opponents and crow about their "mandate."
11) ... so it makes sense for anyone with anything to crow about gets it out there for the world to see.
12) ... report on is milestones, rather than expressions of their personalities. I used to crow about how "Maxie is walking at 10 months!"
13) ... so called experts in education. I honestly believe that most of the people who crow about maths are not that good at maths.
14) You absolutely must crow about your genius at every possible turn, so that mindless drones will follow you.
15) I never cease to be amused at the number of Americans who crow about how free they are yet don't see a problem with TSA activities.
16) The Jets crow about how he was the #1 guy on their board, ...
17) Here the mayor was able to crow about such new community assets as the Goodman Pool and the Overture Center.
18) And your support of sexist practices perpetrated upon women is nothing to crow about.
19) ... the ones where a member of the same side asks a question so they can crow about some success or other.
20) Finally we Windows Phone fans have something truly unique and game changing to crow about. Can't wait for wireless charging to become something we all take for granted.