"to cry over spilled milk"
to be unhappy because of a past event that cannot be changed
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Sometimes I am just so stupid. Why did I not think to include the most important points to make the sale. I could have made that sale if I had been more careful.
Colleague 2: What's done is done. There is no point in crying over spilled milk. All you can do is learn from this error and do better next time.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I look ridiculous in this outfit. I knew I should have chosen something different.
Friend 2: You look fine.
Friend 1: Thank you for saying that but I feel a little foolish especially seeing as how everyone else dressed. I wish there were some way that I could change.
Friend 2: Don't cry over spilled milk. There is nothing you can do. Just try to ignore your outfit and have a good time anyways.
Crying over spilled milk will not help the current situation.
1) Come on, enough of the should've's. Crying over spilled milk doesn't make any difference at all.
2) Well what can we do. There's no point crying over spilled milk. Hopefully we learn from this.
3) There is no use in crying over spilled milk - and even less use in lamenting that had you just waited another eight ...
4) So instead of crying over spilled milk, I decided to start a brand new blog.
5) No point crying over spilled milk. No pain no gain. The joy of victory and the agony of ...
6) ... missed his job interview, but he decided that it was pointless to cry over spilled milk.
7) We should have been in a better position but we can not cry over spilled milk.
8) Don't cry over spilled milk. The damage is done.
9) Do not cry over spilled milk. Even if you think you might have done better in something else, ...
10) What has happened has happened. We do not need to cry over spilled milk.
11) ... if everyone had followed this practice we would not now be crying over spilled milk as our forest cover would have been enough as environmental cover.
12) ... made us up closer to 200%, but there is no point in crying over spilled milk, we'll just be on the lookout for the next great trade.
13) ... theory, so it's better to work on this now instead of crying over spilled milk later.
14) ... but that ended a long time ago now and there's no use crying over spilled milk.
15) ... can not change the past -- we can only influence the future. Crying over spilled milk is worthless work.
16) Well honestly it doesn't matter, I know better than to cry over spilled milk, wasted effort, spoiled plans.
17) Persistent and full on when pursuing but move on quickly and wouldn't cry over spilled milk once its over.
18) After all, the harm has already been done, why cry over spilled milk?
19) What has happened has happened. Don't cry over spilled milk.
20) I am content with it. Don't cry over spilled milk. Get up and be a man and do what you have got to ...