"to cry uncle"
to admit defeat
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This computer is driving me crazy. I've spent the last three hours trying to figure it out and I can't do it.
Colleague 2: When are you going to cry uncle and just ask the IT department for help?
Colleague 1: I hate the thought of admitting defeat. I'll try for a little while longer.
Two guys are competing in a judo match ...
Competitor 1: Ouch! That really hurts.
Competitor 2: Cry uncle!
Competitor 1: I'm not going to quit.
Competitor 2: Let's see what happens when I twist your arm a little more.
Competitor 1: OK. OK. You win. Uncle.
Crying uncle when he know he was beat, he surrendered.
1) ... did the President's refusal to be defeated. Even Richard Nixon had to cry uncle eventually.
2) ... sooner or later it will be in one of their best interests to cry uncle and look for an out.
3) ... attempt to bleed funds from the organization, one that the CFS hopes will cry uncle under the strain and hand over to them in total once again.
4) ... keep reducing the rate on excess reserves until the banks cry uncle and start lending.
5) ... the elites aren't powerful enough to make the entire rest of the world cry uncle. Their power only extends so far as their phony bag of tricks actually works.
6) He could make a tough amateur cry uncle using holds and techniques that, if applied right and without mercy, could and ...
7) If I get too many requests for advice, I'll simply cry uncle and let Bob know so that he can tweak his business model.
8) Is it to make it cry uncle and give up its nuclear program?
9) ... but it takes OUR co-operation which seems hard to obtain until OUR nervous systems cry uncle under continuing adverse conditions?
10) Usually, when folks are getting the stew beaten out of them, they cry uncle. "Stop! Please just stop! I give up!"
11) ... then go ask them, over and over again, until they cry uncle.
12) Then again, they might just harass them until they cry uncle, make their lives hell, ...
13) Anyway, we can just stay out of those exchanges until they cry uncle and soften the regulations. We don't need that market under those conditions.
14) If given the opportunity, he would embarrass the prosecution, until they cried uncle.
15) ... dead ends before turning me around again on a trip to nowhere. I cried uncle and begged a local for help.
16) I'm so sad that you seemed to have cried Uncle in this utterly unwinnable war.
17) Sorry to beat you up with facts so badly that you are crying uncle.
18) England kicked their butts and made them cry uncle in that war.
19) Can't keep anything down.. When do I cry uncle and go back in.. Can I sleep and maybe feel better?
20) ... much of my life proving I can be one of the guys, never crying uncle, never admitting I'm tired, or hurting, or cold.