"to cut a fine figure"
to look elegant (usually referring to a male)
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking ...
Mother: Look at our boy. He looks so grown up and elegant in his tuxedo. I sure hope he does well as the ring-bearer at his sister's wedding.
Father: I'm sure he will. And, yes, he does cut a fine figure all dressed up like that.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Who's the new employee. She looks amazing, so beautiful and refined.
Colleague 2: Be careful how you speak. You wouldn't want to be accused of sexism. But she does cut a fine figure.
Cutting a fine figure when going for a job interview could be appropriate for an upper-level management position.
1) Standing tall: Jenna cuts a fine figure of a woman.
2) It also hosts occasional classical music concerts. # Dancing House cuts a fine figure alongside the river, a strikingly modern contrast to the historic Prague attractions.
3) An able craftsman or scholar cuts a fine figure when he takes pride in his art and looks on life content and satisfied.
4) ... face the consequences of a moment of madness and Anthony Monjaro who cuts a fine figure as a experienced and dedicated pilot.
5) The 2012 version is a dapper chap who cuts a fine figure.
6) He darted out of the teahouse, cutting a fine figure as he went running and leaping through the crowd to meet her.
7) ... all looked amazing, and Colin cut a fine figure in his tux too.
8) At that same protest, he cut a fine figure in a Helen Clark mask and a dress, as part of the street theatre.
9) Giles cut a fine figure in his black velvet suit.
10) The British heartthrob cut a fine figure in a blue suit by Polo Ralph Lauren, teamed with a dotted tie and brown shoes.
11) Mayfair was a theatre of self-display, the place to shop, saunter, stroll, see, be seen; generally, to cut a fine figure in society.
12) Newlywed Justin Theroux cut a fine figure in a tailored suit and skinny tie at Jimmy Kimmel Live!
13) Matthew cut a fine figure in a tailored waistcoat and matching trousers which he teamed with a powder blue shirt and polka dot bow tie.
14) Finch cut a fine figure in a barely there floral bikini by Seafolly.
15) The ship masts and intertwined rig ropes of the cutter Eagle cut a fine figure against the blue and white sky as it glided on the ...
16) The mystery woman cut a fine figure beside the handsome young rock star, wearing skinny jeans, a midriff exposing crop top and a leather ...
17) Playboy Playmate Jaclyn Swedberg cut a fine figure in Miami Beach this week.
18) The "Real Life" singer cut a fine figure in a black tuxedo with wide lapels and ebony shoes.
19) While the ladies dance in elegant chiffon and the men cut a fine figure in their tuxedos, it's hard not to get swept away.
20) She certainly cut a fine figure at Sydney's Woolloomooloo on Wednesday, stunning in a grey dress. Dressed to impress.