already decided and unlikely to be changed
Related words and phrases:
simple and easy to understand
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I had really hoped to have a chance at the recent job opening.
Colleague 2: That is not going to happen. Management has decided to hire from outside the company.
Colleague 1: Perhaps if I approach Human Resources directly, I could still have a chance.
Colleague 2: Management's decision to hire outside the company is a cut-and-dried decision. There is no chance for you. Sorry.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I heard that you quit smoking cigarettes.
Friend 2: I did. I am using an e-cigarette which delivers nicotine without the harm of traditional smoking. It's called vaping.
Friend 1: So e-cigarettes are safe?
Friend 2: The Royal College of Physicians states that vaping is only five per cent as bad as smoking regular tobacco cigarettes, although they say there is no cut-and-dried answer when it comes to the safety of e-cigs.
Friend 1: So you don't really know about the safety.
Friend 2: No. Not for sure.
There is no gerund form for cut-and-dried.
1) A simplistic, cut-and-dried approach may not work, past experience suggests.
2) For the most part, however, the show proceeds by presenting a series of cut-and-dried case studies, informing us that A led to B.
3) This race looks as cut-and-dried as any on the card, especially given the three favourites all have winning form ...
4) Relationships are rarely ever cut-and-dried anyway, never mind the abusive ones.
5) Naturally, there are those cut-and-dried cases where the punishment befits the crime.
6) ... with no cut-and-dried solutions and plenty of issues that warrant further investigation and discussion.
7) Houston denies that this is a cut-and-dried First Amendment question, however.
8) In other words, a supposedly cut-and-dried case of the big guy versus the little guy might not be quite so simple.
9) Your fictional church may have equipped you with a mental encyclopedia of cut-and-dried answers to questions that are not cut-and-dried in your real church.
10) ... and affirmed by 12 justices without anyone dissenting. It appeared to be a cut-and-dried case.
11) As our protagonists challenge what it means to judge somebody and resist an easy cut-and-dried answer, so too does the series itself resist any simple conclusions to even its ...
12) That was a less cut-and-dried case, and federal authorities declined to charge the policeman involved.
13) It is a cut-and-dried case. It should not take more than five days.
14) ... but as with all things in law, things aren't always as cut-and-dried as they seem at first blush.
15) Also, without a cut-and-dried answer key, I mulled over the works more.
16) There's no cut-and-dried rule for how many months of severance an employee ought to get.
17) Constitutional prohibitions are not as cut-and-dried as people like to think.
18) While it's hardly possible to have a cut-and-dried time frame of their movement, here's a great rough monthly guide.
19) As with many culinary debates, there's not really a cut-and-dried answer.
20) Nothing with my extroverted spouse was ever cut-and-dried: A casual "good morning" could lead to extended discourse, ...