"cut it out"
stop doing something
Related words and phrases:
Two boys are playing in their living room ...
Father: Boys! Please stop playing so loudly.
Boys: Sure, Dad, sure.
Father: I mean it! Cut it out or there will be trouble.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Excuse me. I wonder if you might stop tapping your fingers on the desk?
Colleague 2: It helps me to concentrate.
Colleague 1: Well, it distracts the rest of us. Please cut it out.
Cutting it out when your wife asks you to stop doing something is a wise action.
1) Gluten is in everything these days. It is extremely hard to cut it out entirely.
2) Dairy was like sludge running through my body and I didn't realize until I cut it out for a month.
3) They'll also tell you to cut it out if you do it too often.
4) I began to weep. He told me to cut it out and that he thought I was gay
5) I wish those drag performers would cut it out, they're giving us respectable gays a bad name.
6) Oh, Nick, please cut it out! Please, please don't be that way!
7) I informed him he was wrong and to cut it out. He said he would work on it.
8) Cut down fast food. Cut it out completely.
9) "That's enough dammit!!" he shouted. "Cut it out!"
10) Shut up, shut up, enough, cut it out!
11) The American people have spoken and maybe we need to cut it out a little bit, maybe we need to tone it down a little.
12) I'll try to tell everyone that is being an ass to cut it out, but that only goes so far.
13) Cut it out. Focus on the argument.
14) You just make people think we're all wackos so cut it out.
15) I hate that hyphenated title. Cut it out. Call me a Philadelphian or an American.
16) Tell the people who are bullying to stop, say "Cut it out!", " That's not funny!"
17) You can't tell a goalie having a great season, "Cut it out kid, you're messing everything up."
18) I would tell the bullies to cut it out because it is not cool.
19) When there is $1 trillion/year being spent on something, try and cut it out to see what happens.
20) I'm sick of that joke; cut it out, can't you?