the most modern stage of development in a particular type of work or activity
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard about this new "LiFi" technology?
Friend 2: No. What is it?
Friend 1: LiFi is like Wi-Fi in that it transmits data but LiFi can transmit data up to one hundred times faster than Wi-Fi.
Friend 2: How can I use this new technology?
Friend 1: You can't yet. It is very cutting-edge technology and it may be five years or more before it is commercially available.
World Changing Innovations Coming
Crispr is the cutting-edge gene editing technology that is in its infancy but holds great potential to incite a revolution.
The changing out, editing in and altering genes will be an achievable science in the near future.
We are already using this innovation today. This year will see an acceleration around the world of this new editing tool.
There is no gerund form for cutting-edge.
1) Based on cutting-edge research and irrefutable statistics, David Dreman's revolutionary techniques ...
2) ... and see some of the world's most innovative and cutting-edge features at each of St. Louis' independent landmark theaters.
3) He told us that the Israelis were-bar-none-the most elite, cutting-edge military in the world.
4) ... have developed dozens of cutting-edge clinical trials and treatment options. Scientists are developing life-saving technologies used around the world ...
5) This manual, firmly based on cutting-edge psychological science and theory, details an innovative and rapidly growing approach that can provide ...
6) This seminar will explore the numerous, varied, and often cutting-edge legal issues confronting judges, legislators, and lawyers in this relatively new and fast-moving ...
7) Fourth, we will continue to invest in the cutting-edge research and development necessary for the innovation and discovery we need to meet the digital ...
8) Google Earth Outreach launched a new program to fund nonprofits that want to create cutting-edge maps for public good.
9) The school will introduce you to all the key elements of archaeological fieldwork while conducting cutting-edge archaeological research in some of most picturesque settings in the western United States.
10) The cutting-edge tumblers, part drink holder and part dessert, are the brainchild of four friends ...
11) The expansion of this cutting-edge facility will further advance New York's reputation as a world leader in the biotech ...
12) ... developmental contributions to scientific technology have been and continue to be the most high-tech, cutting-edge innovations to this sector.
13) ... life sciences and related sciences, have been among the most rapidly growing areas of cutting-edge research worldwide in the 21st century.
14) ... are teaming up to offer competitive grants to develop cutting-edge technologies and the workforce needed to commercialize them in energy efficiency, advanced nuclear technology ...
15) ... helping Sun to develop class libraries that offered cutting-edge multimedia support.
16) For nearly 100 years, Merck's cutting-edge research has led to a number of medical breakthroughs.
17) Brockman's respondents were forward-looking, describing cutting-edge research that will help combat global warming and other looming problems.
18) ... and are able to accelerate the delivery of their cutting-edge 3D platforms and applications through early access to specification drafts and conformance tests.
19) I have more people doing cutting-edge nuclear work than General Electric.
20) Urology is traditionally on the cutting-edge of surgical technology and has led the way in minimally-invasive surgery.