"a dead giveaway"
an obvious clue
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your date with John?
Friend 2: It was OK. John said that he was going to cook for me.
Friend 1: And?
Friend 2: The meal was delicious but as I was helping clean up after the meal, I noticed some take-out food containers in the garbage.
Friend 1: Well, that's a dead giveaway that John didn't actually cook the meal.
Friend 2: I guess it was obvious.
Two plant managers are talking ...
Manager 1: Have you noticed any strange behavior in the employees lately?
Manager 2: I have. They have been acting strange, slowing down their work speed and having secret meetings.
Manager 1: I saw a union organizer in the parking lot the other day.
Manager 2: Well, there's the dead giveaway that the employees are planning to unionize.
Smiling while playing a game of poker might be a dead giveaway that you have a good hand.
1) Apparently my area code is a dead giveaway that I'm among the living. Who knew.
2) I've learned that chipped nail polish is a dead giveaway that you're not taking enough time for yourself.
3) I suspected right away that it was Holland; all those tulips were a dead giveaway.
4) Of course, most of these occur in Disc 1, which is a dead giveaway that there's more to come.
5) That's what they call overcompensation, and it's a dead giveaway; it's the "tell".
6) Yandy has several other sexy costumes that appear to be unlicensed - a dead giveaway is when they have a generic name.
7) Students have to go back to the home screen, which is a dead giveaway that they are doing something they shouldn't.
8) T-shirts with band names or pictures on them may be a dead giveaway to what he's interested in, so keep your eyes peeled.
9) The tape on this wall doesn't just look unattractive. It's a dead giveaway that at some point water leaked in through this window.
10) The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance.
11) They all said they were on the "dole". That was a dead giveaway right there. What person, born after WWII, uses the term "dole"?
12) The smoke and flames would be kind of a dead giveaway to stay away from the vehicle.
13) The name-calling here is a dead giveaway to a lack of thinking things through.
14) The fact that the headline was silent about party affiliation is a dead giveaway as to party affiliation.
15) Safari puts on links and buttons when they are clicked? It is a dead giveaway that your app is not native?
16) This verbal Niagara is a dead giveaway of someone not properly prepared by taking media training.
17) Yes, someone just tried to scam me as well. A dead giveaway is the pause and echo signalling an overseas call.
18) Rosemary on a cake is always a dead giveaway for it being Italian.
19) The stares are a dead giveaway. Not many Westerners get on this bus.
20) The footprint is a dead giveaway the mission was faked.