"to do a good turn"
to do someone a favor without having been asked and without expecting a favor in return
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Here you go.
Colleague 2: What's this?
Colleague 1: It is the budget projections for the next quarter.
Colleague 2: That's incredible. I thought I would have to work all weekend to even think about getting them done on time. What can I do to repay you for the favor?
Colleague 1: Nothing really, maybe just do me a good turn some time in the future.
A mother and son are talking ...
Mother: How was your Boy Scout meeting? What did you learn today?
Son: Today we were taught to do a good turn every day.
Mother: How does that work?
Son: Every day, I should look for opportunities to help people and then help them without being asked and with no reward expected.
Mother: That's great. Do you mean like helping an old lady to cross the road?
Doing a good turn for another person is good for your soul.
1) When you see a man distributing handbills you can do him a good turn by taking one, for he goes off duty when he has distributed all his ...
2) If you can do someone a good turn - do it. If you can add value to society - do it.
3) Part of 'travel karma' is to do a good turn for a fellow traveller in need, so if someone offers to make up the ...
4) ... save life, or to help injured persons. And he must do a good turn to somebody every day.
5) ... people are pretty great and really like to be able to do you a good turn, they just need to know how.
6) When you do a good turn you feel rich, even if you are broke.
7) ... driving along he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the truck over.
8) ... more about themselves than about people who are genuinely just trying to do a good turn for somebody else.
9) ... of people are good, and will do what they can to do a good turn for another human being. Lets remember the 99%, and not let the 1% ...
10) I will do a good turn and keep it a secret. If anyone finds out, ...
11) So are these new graduates doing Australia a good turn by paying for their own education and helping to reduce the putative medical workforce shortage?
12) Plus, doing someone a good turn is the strongest way to build your network, according to master net-worker ...
13) ... housework as a way to earn money, thinking they were doing her a good turn. All this did was enrage her.
14) ... the actions of someone who wants to be seen doing a good turn rather than thinking about whats best for the person they're meant to be helping.
15) If Satan tries to prevent you from doing a good turn, the angels encourage you to go ahead with it.
16) ... you did me a good turn in picking me out of the mud and holding up my head that day.
17) Did a good turn for someone recently and they dropped over a bottle of wine so had to have ...
18) ... we've all known people--friends, colleagues, relatives--who did us a good turn and have tried to find ways to repay them for it.
19) ... that if someone did him a good turn, he loved to repay that person with something more excellent.
20) She could have shut down the doors months ago, but she did a good turn for the county by waiting a little longer for the best opportunity for our citizens.