ruthless, competitive, and fast-paced
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think I am going to share my idea with the rest of the group and see if we can all come up with ways to improve it.
Colleague 2: I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's a dog-eat-dog environment in this office. Someone will steal your idea, develop it as their own and get all the credit.
Colleague 1: Wow. That's very ruthless.
Colleague 2: This is an ultra-competitive bunch.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing home on a weekday afternoon. Aren't you supposed to be at work?
Friend 2: I quit my job. It was just too dog eat dog.
Friend 1: I guess the pressure of always wondering who is trying to sabotage you is difficult, huh?
Friend 2: Yes. That and the incredibly fast-paced environment meant I was working eighty-plus hours a week.
Friend 1: What are you going to do for work?
Friend 2: I think I will find work in the not-for-profit sector. Something a little more humane.
There is no gerund form for dog-eat-dog.
1) People have a tendency to distrust others because the world is organized in such a dog-eat-dog manner.
2) I had a number of teachers who told us that it's a dog-eat-dog industry and that most of us probably wouldn't make it.
3) ... precisely because they reflect qualities of cooperation and social solidarity that are missing from the dog-eat-dog capitalist economy.
4) Since cooperative societies do better than dog-eat-dog ones, free will may be an illusion bred through natural selection.
5) I believe we have at least a chance to aspire to something better than the dog-eat-dog ritual slaughter that is our current response to our institutionalized fear of each other.
6) ... in the competitive environment of publishing, and previously, five years in the extremely dog-eat-dog world of network television, you will survive, too.
7) ... are generally thought to have thick skins from having to navigate the dog-eat-dog world of financial survival.
8) ... system which is run entirely by bullies, top down. Schools become terrifying, dog-eat-dog environments where no introvert is safe, from the principal right down to the smallest ...
9) ... the whole system will crash -- plunging a carefree society into a dog-eat-dog frenzy for survival.
10) ... men became competitors with each other, each trying to get ahead in a dog-eat-dog world.
11) It's a dog eat dog world, and you either fight for what you want in life or ...
12) It can be a dog eat dog business at times. Survival of the fittest would apply.
13) This is a results based business and it's dog eat dog.
14) ... are all exploited someway or another in this competitive, crazy, greed ridden, dog eat dog world.
15) ... can't behave with civility and apparently neither can his son. Dog eat dog, uber-competitive reactionaries both.
16) There is nothing inherently 'fair' about the world. It is dog eat dog and for better or worse economics are going to rule.
17) ... and we end up creating a rosy little world where everyone is shielded from harsh dog eat dog reality.
18) ... they brag about their free market ingenuity. Let them sink or swim in the dog eat dog environment that their corporate greed created.
19) Chinese society and bureaucracy has always been hyper-competitive, dog eat dog, ends justify the means.
20) That is what a civil humane society does. Dog eat dog is for animals, not men.