"don't hold your breath"
an expression used to tell someone that an event is very unlikely to happen and they really shouldn't expect the event to happen
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Next week will be my two-year anniversary with the company. I am really looking forward to a raise in pay.
Colleague 2: I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Colleague 1: Why not?
Colleague 2: The company is just about to announce a two-year wage freeze.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Let's get this hike started.
Friend 2: Aren't we going to wait for Charles?
Friend 1: Don't hold your breath. Charles is notorious for not doing what he says he will do.
Friend 2: You mean that he is not coming?
Friend 1: You can be almost sure that he is not coming.
There is no gerund form for don't hold your breath.
1) The Nevada Republican caucus is underway, but don't hold your breath for results. Results could take as long as three weeks to be announced.
2) Obama Still Wants to Close the Prison in Guantanamo Bay, but Don't Hold Your Breath.
3) No word on Hillary's next appearance on Fox News. Translation: Don't hold your breath.
4) An all-electric Ferrari might sound like a brilliant idea to some, but don't hold your breath.
5) Don't hold your breath for a TV spin-off though: “There's plenty of potential,” said Fellowes, “but as far as I know there are none planned.”.
6) So, don't hold your breath. For fans of Arca, know this isn't the only thing he's working on.
7) Hoping to open a new butchers? Don't hold your breath on getting planning permission under Morrissey's watchful eye.
8) And don't hold your breath for 2016. This spring, consulting company KPMG will report on the city's winter operations, with special attention to ...
9) ... will ever get back together and make amends at some point throughout the season. And to that, I would just say, don't hold your breath.
10) If you're waiting for Blac Chyna and Kylie Jenner to make amends—don't hold your breath!
11) Maybe we'll hear more about it on the upcoming Nintendo direct, but don't hold your breath.
12) Hoping to get Oculus Rift support on your Mac? Don't hold your breath.
13) Don't hold your breath. To me, something that we are seeing and hearing about this $2 billion bond issue just doesn't smell right.
14) Don't hold your breath. A state bill that would've launched a delivery pilot program in the city looks dead in the water after missing a ...
15) “I am going to organise it little by little,” she said, but “I live from day to day, and I love my work.” So don't hold your breath.
16) But don't hold your breath expecting the so-far consistently inept Republican establishment to come up with any brilliant ideas.
17) But don't hold your breath waiting for other Asian businesses to follow suit on its latest policy announcement.
18) Don't hold your breath for cleaner air, as the DENR has been a laggard in adopting cleaner fuel standards.
19) There have been proposals recently to make the day of presidential elections a national holiday, but don't hold your breath waiting for that to ...
20) Don't hold your breath waiting for the Ottawa Redblacks to add much more in the way of big-name free agents.