"to draw attention to"
to cause the focus of attention to be directed to someone or something in particular
Related words and phrases:
A businesswoman is giving a presentation ...
Businesswoman: As you can see, we have a rather complex infographic here.
Participant: Where is the data for last quarter?
Businesswoman: Let me draw your attention to this chart in the upper left-hand corner. This is a synopsis of last quarter.
A professor is leading a biology class ...
Professor: Here we can see the male peacock garishly displaying his plumage.
Student: Why does the peacock draw attention to itself like that? Won't such a display attract predators?
Professor: That is a possibility but the reason the peacock draws attention to itself is for the purpose of attracting a mate.
Drawing attention to yourself during a staff meeting can help further your career.
1) She's routinely dreaming up new projects like this and consistently can draw attention to her unconventional, civic-minded creations.
2) This hearing is an opportunity to draw attention to that objective and to signal to everyone that we remain focused on it.
3) This seems similar to a work stoppage to draw attention to a law or proposed law.
4) But because it is important to draw attention to change as soon as possible, we need ways to make the data trends ...
5) The zombie apocalypse may or may not be real, however the site does draw attention to general emergency preparedness by using the zombie as one such emergency.
6) Instructors also help learners identify the important threads of conversations by drawing attention to a posting or series of postings.
7) presents Einstein and some others, notably Louis DeBroglie and Schrodinger, as drawing attention to some of the challenges to conventional thinking inherent in quantum mechanics.
8) Pictograms are a simple method of conveying information and drawing attention to other label information.
9) The federal administration is drawing attention to a potentially serious problem affecting many vehicles that have been repaired following a crash.
10) I'm just drawing attention to the language that many animal rights activists often operate on.
11) A new website draws attention to the homophobia people casually drop on Twitter, every second of every minute of ...
12) Whether writing about jellyfish, war, or her own experience, she draws attention to important questions and inspires us to think more deeply about what it means to ...
13) This volume draws attention to new ways of looking at consciousness, and modifies physical theory so that the ...
14) One of the most astute contributors is S. H. Burbury, who draws attention to the crucial role of the independence assumption.
15) But I think anything that draws attention to gaming is good for companies like us that live and die in this business ...
16) I'm glad you've drawn attention to the various perspectives on improved cycling infrastructure in this area.
17) Work has been temporarily stopped on site. You have made your point and drawn attention to the environmental problem.
18) Many commentators have drawn attention to the remarkable technological achievements of the industry over the past few years.
19) The representative of Libya drew attention to an error in the Arabic version of the text.
20) Owens drew attention to himself by wearing the silver and blue uniform of Lance Armstrong's Discovery ...