"to dress the part"
to appear to be suited for a particular situation
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I really appreciate you teaching me how to rock climb.
Friend 2: No problem. My pleasure. It'll be fun. First, we need to get you dressed for the adventure.
Friend 1: I suppose that, even though I know nothing about the sport, I can dress the part.
Friend 2: Having the necessary gear is a great start.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What did you think of the play last night?
Friend 2: It was interesting to see a spy thriller on stage. I'm not sure the female lead knew what she was doing.
Friend 1: But she certainly dressed the part when she was stealing those top secret documents.
Friend 2: True. She did look like a burglar.
Dressing the part, the man went to a job interview with confidence.
1) And last but not least, make sure you dress the part. Dress properly for the interview, ensure you are smartly dressed, and look ...
2) You need to dress the part and make an original and lasting impression on those that see you perform.
3) ... isn't going to cut it as a carry-on. In order to dress the part and garner the respect that you deserve, you are going to need quality bags ...
4) ... if the other person continues to attack they begin to look foolish, dress the part of a bully, and now are losing face.
5) From shoes to sunglasses you will need to dress the part if you want to rock up on a beach anytime soon.
6) Most of the materials on the dash dress the part, especially on the higher-spec Titanium versions we drove.
7) Whether my efforts are in vain or my bits and bobs will actually dress the part, I hope that being a DIY Bride will pay off.
8) Whatever level you're playing at, it's important you dress the part and have a decent kit.
9) Getting back to Farrell, he really dresses the part of a manager. Square chin, good body-language, big guy, looks in ...
10) ... sunlit yard of Juarez prison, arms tattooed, head shaved, he dresses the part of a ruthless cartel foot soldier.
11) ... that his ancestry was "pure Aryan." He dressed the part. He had blond curls, blue eyes, fair skin, ...
12) ... the pros I came into contact with were true gentlemen. They always dressed the part and acted the part.
13) Taylor dressed the part... but you can't expect a novice to win games like this.
14) But no question, Brosnan dressed the part and did a fine job in Goldeneye.
15) He not only dressed the part but delivered a polished routine to Frank Sinatra's New York New York.
16) Michael Clarke was hired on the spot for just dressing the part. Clarke didn't know how to play the drums, but that didn't ...
17) Vancouver tends to be about the show. Dressing the part. I've had countless friends leave and none have returned.
18) Clothes: For me dressing the part made the experience of a Safari that much more exciting.
19) We leave to go shopping downtown, Ferguson dressing the part in a huge burgundy fedora. Her people suggest high-class Fifth Avenue.
20) ... as thoroughly prepared as possible and by dressing the part -- wearing an outfit for example that exudes self-confidence even when it's hanging in ...