"to drink like a fish"
to drink alcohol excessively;
to regularly drink a lot of alcohol
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are the Smith's coming to the office party?
Colleague 2: I think so. Why do you ask?
Colleague 1: Because if they are coming, I need to make sure we have enough alcohol.
Colleague 2: I suppose they do both drink like a fish.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I think Alfred is trouble in his life. He's been acting really strange and has started to drink every day.
Friend 2: And not just drink every day but drink like a fish every day.
Friend 1: That kind of alcohol consumption has got to be hard on his health, not to mention that his work will suffer as well.
Drinking like a fish is probably not good for your health.
1) ... it cause much of an issue with alcohol. In fact you drink like a fish on the stuff and have far better motor control than you would without.
2) ... many people may remember Gibbs more for his apparent ability to drink like a fish and bed women at will than for the incredibly talented batsman he ...
3) ... chances of liver cancer are now massive, some people can drink like a fish, some can't ...
4) ... do not drink now, when I was younger I could drink like a fish. But when I was younger we had to work very hard manually and did ...
5) If someone drinks like a fish, they drink far too much alcohol.
6) ... only a 3-4 day trip and I swear all he did was drink like a fish and sleep with anyone who came his way.
7) ... alcohol would start disappearing as Nairobians exhibit their penchant to drink like a fish.
8) The Lagoon has something for everyone! You can also "drink like a fish", as there is an excellent wine cellar of Pinot Blanc's and Bordeaux ...
9) Her husband drinks like a fish.
10) ... policeman in my youth, and was fond of wine and would drink like a fish. I drank day and night and led a carefree life.
11) ... my liver to pack up. I simply can't afford to drink like a fish everyday.
12) After spending 10 years in England, I learned to drink like a fish.
13) She chances upon spoiled, rich bitch Veronica who parties hard, drinks like a fish but has a heart of gold.
14) Of course, she also drinks like a fish and swears like a truck driver, so maybe she's not representative?
15) That's why they ended up cancelling the whole tour. He drinks like a fish.
16) I drank like a fish for about three and a half years. I drank so much and abused so
17) I once shared a house with a trader who drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney, even after a lung operation.
18) He drank like a fish and was mean as fire when he got mad.
19) He drank like a fish and beat me like hell and I think he resented everything about the family and ...
20) ... had a friend who drank like a fish, beer only, he NEVER went to a bottle store and NEVER walked to ...