"to dump (someone)"
the circumstance where you end a (usually romantic) relationship
"to be dumped (by someone)" - passive construction
the circumstance where the other person ends a (usually romantic) relationship
Related words and phrases:
Juan and Lisa have been dating for the past year. Their relationship is casual. Because their relationship is not serious, Lisa has started seeing another man. Lisa has fallen in love with the other man. Therefore, she needs to...
Lisa will end her relationship with Juan in an abrupt way.
"Why are you so sad?", asks Henry.
"Well, I thought everything was going well with my girlfriend.", replies Ryan
"Things were not going well, then?", asks Henry.
"I guess not. Without any warning, my girlfriend dumped me.", exclaims Ryan.
Dumping your boyfriend can be a liberating experience.
Being dumped by your boyfriend can be a sad and shocking experience. - passive construction
1) I dump my girlfriend when I discover she cheats on me.
2) You dump your boyfriend when the relationship is over.
3) He dumps his wife when he meets another woman.
4) She dumps someone when she is angry.
5) The company dumps its worst salespeople regularly.
6) We dump each other when we are finished.
7) You (all) dump your significant others if you want to end the relationship abruptly.
8) They dump their girlfriends because they are moody teenagers.
9) Would you dump someone who "talks too much" as George Clooney did?
10) I'd dump someone if they didn't treat me right.
11) We're still figuring out whether it's OK to flirt with or dump someone via that last gadget we've only just figured out how to use.
12) You cant dump someone your not dating.
13) The best you can do, if you decide to dump someone, is to lessen the hurt as much as possible and be considerate.
14) You don't just dump someone and go to someone else after a breakup the next day.
15) f you're about to dump someone, there are ways to do it that'll soften the blow.
16) Sounds to me like you are trying to justify to yourself dumping someone after eight years together because you were unhappy with yourself
17) A new survey has revealed the differences between men and women when it comes to dumping someone.
18) When it comes to dumping someone, both men and women preferred to end a relationship face-to-face.
19) I was in a relationship and I knew that starting something with HER would mean dumping someone I'd been with for about two years.
20) I have made sure I have a potential replacement before dumping someone.