"emotional roller coaster"
a situation or experience that alternates between making you feel excited, exhilarated, or happy and making you feel sad, disappointed, or desperate
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you ever worked for a company that was the target of a hostile takeover before?
Colleague 2: No. This is the first time. Who would have thought that it would be so difficult. From the first stab of fear of losing one's job to the excitement of new opportunities to the sadness of watching long-time colleagues leaving, it has been quite an experience.
Colleague 1: You might even say that it is a real emotional roller coaster ride.
Two parents are talking ...
Mother: It is our daughter's thirteenth birthday tomorrow and the teenage years officially begin. Are you ready for the emotional roller coaster as her hormones kick in to full gear?
Father: Luckily, I have a friend at work who has already been through the same experience with his daughter. He told me of his daughter coming home from school one day elated and full of energy only to find her still in bed the next morning depressed because she had a pimple on her forehead a refused to go to school.
Mother: That is not even the beginning of it. Best just to be prepared for anything.
There is no gerund form for emotional roller coaster.
1) Our work is full of ups and downs and it's an emotional roller coaster that many can't handle. The most difficult part are owners' emotions and ...
2) The farm work is physically grueling, and it can be an emotional roller coaster ride.
3) ... has been a rough one. The show set us up for an emotional roller coaster with that brutal season six finale cliffhanger, and further delivered with episodes that ...
4) I believe that nothing in the world can match the emotional roller coaster which fans experience while supporting their beloved teams.
5) It can be an emotional roller coaster when it comes to buying or selling a home.
6) ... pumping her fists, taking us on a magical, unscripted, emotional roller coaster on her way to a silver medal. By the time she collapsed on her ...
7) I still cant believe it. Coming back to Australia was quite an emotional roller coaster after winning that race. Its always been special to me.
8) ... an investigation or remains found, you know, it's like an emotional roller coaster for families because we don't know, that could be our loved one.
9) ... day-to-day to all of us, but many groups have been through an emotional roller coaster of toxic rhetoric and behaviors throughout this campaign; it's been taxing, stressful ...
10) It seems like bidding wars move really fast and can be an emotional roller coaster. How can I avoid making a decision that I'll regret?
11) ... pregnant and the first few weeks after baby has arrived, are an emotional roller coaster.
12) The entire mission was one massive emotional roller coaster ride, as it felt like something from a James Bond film on crack.
13) ... it all: excitement, horror, heart-break and joy. It was a true emotional roller coaster for fans tuning in from around the globe.
14) But working 16-hour days became an emotional roller coaster, and Mr. Maffin turned to alcohol to get by.
15) ... family in a time of disaster. It's been an emotional roller coaster but totally heart warming with everyone's offers of help and support, financially or ...
16) ... total indifference to dependence, as they ride around your home on their emotional roller coaster, causing you to worry about them even more.
17) Revelling in the complexity of the everyday, audiences were taken on an emotional roller coaster ride over the course of the characters' five year relationship.
18) The teaser itself is an emotional roller coaster ride, does that mean the audience will leave the theatres in tears?
19) ... teenage daughters going through puberty and parents having to cope with their emotional roller coaster of changing hormones.
20) I was enraptured from the white knuckle beginning all the way through the emotional roller coaster that made up the rest of the book.