"to fall flat on your face"
to fail in an embarrassingly obvious way
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I am so nervous. This is a really important presentation.
Colleague 2: What are you worried about?
Colleague 1: I'm worried that I will forget something or someone will ask me a question and my mind will go blank and I will stand there stunned and tongue-tied looking like a fool.
Colleague 2: Don't worry. You won't fall flat on your face. You will be successful.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How did Lee do at open-mike night at the comedy club?
Friend 2: He fell flat on his face. The audience booed him and some even threw rotten fruit at him.
Friend 1: How embarrassing for Lee. Maybe he learned something from his epic failure.
Falling flat on your face because your forgot your speech is embarrassing.
1) There will be moments when you take a chance, fall flat on your face and make a few people feel awful in the process.
2) ... get on with it, and give it a go. Even if you fall flat on your face, you'll learn so much from it and have a lot ...
3) Back out now and save face before you fall flat on your face.
4) ... or if you give them anything less than your best, you fall flat on your face. It was a challenge that I couldn't resist.
5) You must be aware that there's a very good possibility that you'll fall flat on your face, but be willing to take the chance anyway.
6) ... probably offer to talk it through with you, whereas others will let you fall flat on your face, giving what self confidence you have a bit of a blow.
7) ... a chance that you take, it's a risk. Sometimes you fall flat on your face. Sometimes you don't.
8) It's fine if you fall flat on your face in your own backyard but out there for the whole world to ...
9) ... you will make mistakes and suffer setbacks, but even when you fall flat on your face you still move forward. Learn from your failures as well as ...
10) ... can be a shot at junior stardom, it's an equal opportunity to fall flat on your face -- at least, that's the fear many people have.
11) The best device in the world falls flat on its face without decent apps to run on it.
12) The young earth creation science model for the flood falls flat on its face when compared to the rock record.
13) Okay so the ad might be surprising but it fails and falls flat on its face for execution with poor art direction.
14) It's all about promises. Take away the promises and he falls flat on his face. What is the compelling reason to endorse him, then?
15) If I tried to do what he does, I'd fall flat on my face in a month because I have no drive to do it.
16) I had to go out on a limb and try different things and sometimes fall flat on my face and sometimes it worked.
17) I tried to go turkey and fell flat on my face. Caffeine is a highly addictive drug, one which can produce ...
18) I've also seen some marketers who do sell to strangers fall flat on their face because they've tried to use the same marketing techniques to sell ...
19) Nobody does it better and it's great when they fall flat on their face, which, unfortunately, doesn't happen all that often!
20) But the truth is that most behaviour changing campaigns fall flat on their face. But why? Why is the message often thrown away ...