a person with a lot of money who enjoys a privileged position in society;
a person who receives too much money for the job they do
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What do you suppose is going to happen with this merger?
Colleague 2: Who knows? Us low-level executives really have no control.
Colleague 1: I suppose the corporate fat cats will decide the outcome of the merger.
Colleague 2: The rich upper-level always do.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I see that our neighborhood forest-park is being razed for condominiums.
Friend 2: It really is a shame. Our kids love to play there.
Friend 1: I wonder who decided that more housing was better than a place for recreation.
Friend 2: Some fat cat somewhere made the decision, I'm sure.
There is no gerund form for fat cat.
1) The oil industry is full of fat cat executives who want to continue paying themselves exorbitant salaries and bonuses.
2) One of the reasons we haven't seen any of the fat cat bankers tried for crimes is because, technically, they broke no laws.
3) Democrats complain, with some justification, about how Republicans favor fat cat oil companies.
4) He is not a rich fat cat who only cares about lining his pockets.
5) The failure of the Obama administration to jail any fat cat in the wake of the financial meltdown is further evidence of movement conservatism's success ...
6) Without a doubt the fat cat gun manufacturers are making a killing one way or the other.
7) I deny that raising some fat cat's taxes is a selfish act, yes.
8) ... index-linked fat cat gold plated pension that no-one in the private sector can afford.
9) The poor stay poor and the fat cat politicians really don't care enough.
10) Of course, the fast-track strategy would be to find a fat cat to put up some serious money to develop an experimental university.
11) He's a federal prisoner, not some fat cat living high off the hog.
12) ... thousands of jobs in the entertainment business. It's not all rich, fat cat Hollywood executives making the money.
13) That would cut in too much to the fat cat corporate lifestyle they have established.
14) Now the fat cat and criminal gangs are raking in the dough.
15) How can TV be controlled without fat cat corporate money?
16) You sound like some fat cat corporate scumbag who thinks you're above others, and can bully them around and ...
17) ... is most of the money goes to the fat cat salaries of its administrators.
18) Gore is a greedy fat cat looking to make billions and potentially trillions off of his agenda driven junk science theory ...
19) It's an old book about some of the older fat cat charities that operate on somewhat different models than the international NGOs you keep harping about ...
20) The real problem lies elsewhere, professional lobbyists and experienced fat cat donors (like Haim Saban) who are less splashy and more effective.