"a feeling in your bones"
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How did your job interview go?
Friend 2: I think it went really well.
Friend 1: I have a feeling in my bones that you'll get the job.
Friend 2: I sure hope so.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready for the new product launch?
Colleague 2: I'm not sure it's the right time for it.
Colleague 1: How can you tell?
Colleague 2: It's nothing specific. I just get a feeling in my bones that we should wait until the fall season.
Colleague 1: Well, the product's going to launch next week. I guess we'll have to wait and see if your intuition is correct.
Getting a feeling in your bones can make a decision difficult because you don't know if you should trust your intuition.
1) They have accepted that they have been defeated, and have that feeling in their bones, as it were, and still have a chance to bounce back.
2) There have been some amazing judgments on the Maori as a people, without even feeling in their bones that very spirituality they commodify so readily.
3) Some engineers are beginning to have a feeling in their bones that the meanderings of a creek not only improve the landscape but are needed for efficient flow.
4) I have a feeling in my bones that this airframe is about to head off to the " Islands " to replace the current one.
5) Ocean Kinge, 45, told her work colleagues about a " feeling in her bones " and set up a syndicate in August 2010.
6) I don't go hungry anymore. I feel in my bones just what the future has in store.
7) I am beginning to feel in my bones, what a gift his departure from my life is.
8) And maybe I'm a dreamer but I do feel in my bones that if you stay true to your path, work hard, and keep the peace, all will be well.
9) I was all fired up about yoga again, and could feel in my bones that it was something super important to me.
10) I have one more world record: it is like extreme satisfaction I can feel in my bones. So great, so great, so great it is.
11) The thought of unemployment fills me with anxiety, and a fear I feel in my bones.
12) A feeling in my bones supported by a consistent high level of play by the Chiefs players and coaches leads me to believe that they will win the season.
13) Even in the face of your complete and utter uselessness, you can't help that feeling in your bones that you need to go on another adventure as soon as possible.
14) I've had this feeling in my bones for five or six years that something could go slightly wrong here that could sour a lot of stuff.
15) Winchester boss Masters had a feeling in his bones that a decent result might be brewing.
16) I am happy with where we are. I am feeling in my bones at the moment that there's a bit of a correction taking place.
17) While we were shooting, he was looking at edits of the film on his laptop and I think he had a feeling in his bones that he was on to something.
18) There was a feeling in our bones that something was happening.
19) Juliet also woke up with a feeling in her bones. She just knew her third date was going to be “the one".
20) You just get a feeling in your bones sometimes, that something is right to do, don't you?