"five o'clock shadow"
a dark stubble on the jawline and cheeks which develops late in the afternoon on the face of a man who has not shaved since morning
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you really going to give the presentation looking like that?
Colleague 2: What do you mean? My suit is pressed. My shirt is clean.
Colleague 1: Your five o'clock shadow does not look very professional.
Colleague 2: Right! I'll go and have a quick shave, thanks.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Welcome home! That was along day. Give me a kiss and a hug. Ouch!
Husband: What's the matter?
Wife: Your five o'clock shadow feels like sandpaper.
There is no gerund form for five o'clock shadow.
1) He supposedly applied a coat of Lazy Shave to hide his five o'clock shadow -- a cosmetic cover-up that melted under the studio lights.
2) If you're single and ready to mingle, rocking the five o'clock shadow is the way to go.
3) ... also a fan favorite for his movie star looks, with long hair and five o'clock shadow.
4) ... and then, a little girl, stroking her father's five o'clock shadow.
5) You can't call someone with five o'clock shadow who's wearing a skirt ...
6) With a five o'clock shadow, Shetty looked tired, but didn't lose his train of thought even ...
7) ... and I would get a full black upper lip that looked like a five o'clock shadow ...
8) ... and his face was rendered sinister by a five o'clock shadow overlaid by nervous sweat.
9) ... where a simple moustache and a hint of five o'clock shadow sufficed.
10) ... with a carefully groomed five o'clock shadow and neatly coiffed hair, ...
11) ... taken in a recording studio about 20 years ago. He had a five o'clock shadow and was wearing a denim shirt, and was a lot less slick and ...
12) ... the leader's sleep-deprived press secretary, is shrouded in a permanent five o'clock shadow.
13) ... with his bushy mustache surrounded by five o'clock shadow.
14) ... had scarcely more than a five o'clock shadow when he made his major-league debut in 2012.
15) He had that later-than five o'clock shadow beard that was so popular among the religious at the time.
16) He looks convincing enough, with his olive skin, perfectly trimmed five o'clock shadow, leather waistcoat and chaps.
17) ... beard against my skin than the painful sandpaper-like rasp of kissing a partner with five o'clock shadow.
18) ... full lips accentuating a strong jaw. He was already sporting a five o'clock shadow at noon.
19) ... because even thick stage makeup can't cover a five o'clock shadow.
20) ... and his mousey brown mane in a messy style, a slight five o'clock shadow visible on his face.