"the flavor of the month"
someone or something that has suddenly become very popular or favored, but will probably not remain popular for long
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are we going to be implementing this hot new marketing strategy?
Colleague 2: I seriously doubt it. It looks like just another flavor-of-the-month idea that a few companies have had a temporary success with.
Colleague 1: So we are going to stick with our stable, proven marketing strategy?
Colleague 2: I sure hope so.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I am seriously considering buying these shoes.
Friend 2: That's a lot of money for the flavor of the month.
Friend 1: You think these shoes will go out of style soon?
Friend 2: They are not a classic design. I really doubt they will stay in fashion and then you have a pair of very expensive shoes that you will never want to wear again.
Being the flavor of the month, the boss paid special attention to her.
1) ... still not widely known to the public, but in Hollywood, she's the flavor of the month, positioned to be a top star in 1994.
2) ... meaning that political correctness has managed to avoid speaking truth in favor of whatever flavor of the month social justice hogwash a special interest group is promoting.
3) If you want to understand why Utah has suddenly become the flavor of the month among the political cognoscenti, look no further than independent voters, ...
4) ... strategic planning becomes a flash in the pan, the flavor of the month. It starts with a bang and ends in a whimper.
5) I will push for it. But at the moment the flavor of the month is federalism.
6) It also launched services to Tehran and Iran has suddenly become the flavor of the month. The consumer power and appetite in Asia is incredible.
7) ... has since become better known by his nickname "Beef" and exploited being flavor of the month during the PGA Championship by signing an endorsement deal with fast food ...
8) It's made audiences chase after the flavor of the month, rather than focusing on the music.
9) It's no longer the flavor of the month in China, where across the market sales are down by a ...
10) ... it comes to the unspoken pecking order of who the alphas are, who the flavor of the month is, who is squarely in the middle, and who are ...
11) Next, he observes a "flavor of the month" attitude in the industry, specifically surrounding actively managed ETFs.
12) Drones are the flavor of the month now.
13) I am no person new to this struggle. I am not the latest flavor of the month. I have been doing this work day in and day out ...
14) I might know something because I happen to be doing the thing that's the flavor of the month, that is really just a coincidence. In two years when something else becomes the flavor of the month, I will not be doing that.
15) ... unless you have innovation and change, other events will take over as the flavor of the month.
16) But anyone who wants to invest in the flavor of the month shouldn't do it.
17) Reform will never be more than the flavor of the month unless we develop a transformative vision, an alternative organizing philosophy for ...
18) Restructuring and downsizing is the flavor of the month in investment banking.
19) I think it's flavor of the month. It's not very substantive, it's not very deep.
20) ... has proven themselves not a flavor of the month but a world class act.