"food for thought"
something worth thinking about or considering seriously
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What did you think of yesterday's conference on Big Data Analysis?
Colleague 2: I hadn't realized that there was so much information to extract from raw data. It is definitely food for thought.
Colleague 1: I agree that some serious thought is necessary, especially to understand how using the insights from data analysis can help drive our business.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Well, the children are at an age where they don't really need a stay-at-home mom anymore. What do you think about the idea of me going back to work and using the money to pay off our house faster? We could own our house outright in less than ten years.
Husband: Not having a mortgage to pay would be awesome. It is definitely food for thought.
Wife: Let's each of us give the idea some serious consideration and talk about it again in a couple of days.
Husband: Sure. Good plan.
There is no gerund form for food for thought.
1) Here's some food for thought, how will your business will address the following challenges? Collecting, analysing ...
2) ... part of it made for serious food for thought, especially when he called for a reduction of salaries for elected leaders.
3) ... with their potential to see into the heart of the matter, provide food for thought and action.
4) It was incredibly powerful and gave us a lot of food for thought. We could not stop talking about it all the way home.
5) ... to a cooperative for a set price -- has given him food for thought. " We are in complete control of how and where we sell our ...
6) ... the work of the pioneering fictional cartoon journalist Tintin offers food for thought. Tintin first appeared in a conservative Belgian newspaper with an anti-communist agenda: ...
7) She said Matthews had left her with food for thought. "The way it was explained and talked about in a clear and ...
8) ... impact of demonetisation. Its discussion on revenue generation methods perhaps offer more food for thought.
9) ... point of the country's achievements in the farm output, providing a food for thought about how policy interventions and reaching out to farmers can motivate them to turn things ...
10) ... mind of at least one voter and may have also given other voters food for thought on how they will use their ballots on Thursday.
11) A quirky one-woman show gave its audience food for thought at the Watergate Theatre last Wednesday evening.
12) Asked to shed more light on the statements, he said it was food for thought and open for interpretation.
13) ... presented several facts on concussion to give some food for thought and context to the day's discussions.
14) There is always some food for thought in what the modern Pope has to say, even if words may do little ...
15) New information brought forward by county staff created some new food for thought prior to the vote on Tuesday.
16) This way, the information that you do read and listen to becomes food for thought and consideration, not gospel or confusion.
17) It's definitely food for thought. But it warrants further review with a ...
18) Short outings or running errands can refresh your batteries and offer food for thought.
19) But crunching the data it throws up offers a lot of food for thought, particularly for policymakers.
20) The litany of examples offers plenty food for thought but not necessarily any quick fixes.