"for crying out loud"
an expletive that means “This is ridiculous!” or “I’ve had enough!” It carries no literal meaning of its own, but expresses a strong degree of exasperation.
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This is terrible. We have to stay late again. I am going to miss supper and I will be too tired to read to the kids.
Colleague 2: Seriously? You are a business executive for crying out loud. Working late is part of the job. Quit your whining and get to work.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: For crying out loud! I can't believe that the professor gave us another huge paper to write over yet another weekend. Doesn't she think we have other things to do?
Student 2: It sure is frustrating alright but she is one of the best teachers in the school.
Student 1: Still, enough is enough already.
There is no gerund form for for crying out loud.
1) Dude, the man's idea of a good time is drinking chocolate milk for crying out loud.
2) ... this nanny state crap and grow up. Stand on your own two feet for crying out loud!
3) You're a senior now, for crying out loud, you should be at the top of the social pecking order.
4) I know about "political economy" from every which way, for crying out loud. Economics is (was) my trade, and politics is my ...
5) ... and aren't afraid to let it show. Gee writes his own comics for crying out loud... and they're bloody brilliant.
6) But wait, if everyone has guns and the streets are safe, for crying out loud, there would be no need for police.
7) ... which you seem to think implies racial overtones is over the top absurd. For crying out loud, you're objecting that someone dared use the man's middle name ...
8) ... and seriously the boots, they look like sports shoes for crying out loud.
9) ... Reese's peanut butter cups for breakfast because they have peanut butter in them for crying out loud!
10) See how taking open source code can absolutely destroy proprietary rights? For crying out loud this open source license doesn't have a sunset provision and will follow ...
11) ... because 'it's a bit gay', For crying out loud, tell him to buy some unscented hand lotion.
12) ... is just media induced frenzy to generate page views. It's one app for crying out loud!
13) When they lie, they record and broadcast it themselves, for crying out loud!
14) ... an affair with a member of the royal family of a foreign government, for crying out loud.
15) Absolutely not. I see more offensive stuff than last night on the cartoon network for crying out loud.
16) Stop pretending that other people "can't tell." For crying out loud! I can tell when I'm being judged, when someone thinks ...
17) ... those bodies that bruise easily and take forever to heal. I'm six-feet-freaking-two for crying out loud. It takes a long time for my circulation to go around my ...
18) ... to be lowered to the planet's surface using a rocket-powered sky crane, for crying out loud.
19) Back to the farms.. feed yourselves and your neighbors for crying out loud. Farms were the unsung heroes during the last depression.
20) A documentary I wrote just won an Emmy for best Historical Documentary, for crying out loud! I mean, surely to someone I am good enough?