"for heaven's sake"
an expletive that means “This is ridiculous!” or “I’ve had enough!” It carries no literal meaning of its own, but expresses a strong degree of exasperation.
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This is terrible. We have to stay late again. I am going to miss supper and I will be too tired to read to the kids.
Colleague 2: Seriously? You are a business executive for heaven's sake. Working late is part of the job. Quit your whining and get to work.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: For heaven's sake! I can't believe that the professor gave us another huge paper to write over yet another weekend. Doesn't she think we have other things to do?
Student 2: It sure is frustrating alright but she is one of the best teachers in the school.
Student 1: Still, enough is enough already.
There is no gerund form for for heaven's sake.
1) Dude, the man's idea of a good time is drinking chocolate milk for heaven's sake.
2) ... this nanny state crap and grow up. Stand on your own two feet for heaven's sake!
3) You're a senior now, for heaven's sake, you should be at the top of the social pecking order.
4) I know about "political economy" from every which way, for heaven's sake. Economics is (was) my trade, and politics is my ...
5) ... and aren't afraid to let it show. Gee writes his own comics for heaven's sake... and they're bloody brilliant.
6) But wait, if everyone has guns and the streets are safe, for heaven's sake, there would be no need for police.
7) ... which you seem to think implies racial overtones is over the top absurd. For heaven's sake, you're objecting that someone dared use the man's middle name ...
8) ... and seriously the boots, they look like sports shoes for heaven's sake.
9) ... Reese's peanut butter cups for breakfast because they have peanut butter in them for heaven's sake!
10) See how taking open source code can absolutely destroy proprietary rights? For heaven's sake this open source license doesn't have a sunset provision and will follow ...
11) ... because 'it's a bit gay', For heaven's sake, tell him to buy some unscented hand lotion.
12) ... is just media induced frenzy to generate page views. It's one app for heaven's sake!
13) When they lie, they record and broadcast it themselves, for heaven's sake!
14) ... an affair with a member of the royal family of a foreign government, for heaven's sake.
15) Absolutely not. I see more offensive stuff than last night on the cartoon network for heaven's sake.
16) Stop pretending that other people "can't tell." For heaven's sake! I can tell when I'm being judged, when someone thinks ...
17) ... those bodies that bruise easily and take forever to heal. I'm six-feet-freaking-two for heaven's sake. It takes a long time for my circulation to go around my ...
18) ... to be lowered to the planet's surface using a rocket-powered sky crane, for heaven's sake.
19) Back to the farms.. feed yourselves and your neighbors for heaven's sake. Farms were the unsung heroes during the last depression.
20) A documentary I wrote just won an Emmy for best Historical Documentary, for heaven's sake! I mean, surely to someone I am good enough?