"for the birds"
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you installed that new operating system on your computer?
Friend 2: I set it up yesterday.
Friend 1: And?
Friend 2: It's for the birds. It doesn't integrate with some of my favorite applications and the navigation system is very hard to understand.
Friend 1: Sounds like garbage. Thanks for the warning. I won't install it.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How was the "Integrated Planning" seminar yesterday?
Colleague 2: There was nothing related to anything we do. The presenter was boring and talking in a monotone. The content was almost impossible to understand.
Colleague 1: For the birds, then?
Colleague 2: Yes, worthless.
There is no gerund form for for the birds.
1) ... follow your dreams, laugh and cry and love..... everything else is for the birds.
2) This couple's bond wasn't for the birds -- it just needed time.
3) Professional writers market and do all that nasty stuff that non-professionals think are for the birds.
4) Journalism today is for the birds. Reporters today act almost like bought and paid for lobbyist most of the time.
5) Diet fads are for the birds.
6) Bullying is for the birds! It must be stopped!
7) ... in your pajamas while dialing in to a conference call. Commuting is for the birds.
8) The question of organic is another story. Organic food is for the birds. Damn the yuppie prices.
9) ... groups developing software today think expansion of the user's mental model is for the birds. Not necessarily so.
10) This plastic surgery stuff is for the birds. We don't need it.
11) I agree that fad diets are for the birds and if you hate it now, you won't continue and you'll regain ...
12) This year's Metro League City Conference senior boys volleyball championship was for the birds.
13) Completely unrelated to contract arbitration, as that stuff is for the birds.
14) If you think Twitter is for the birds, please think again. It's a great tool to find new information sources ...
15) ... of the staff and the often repeated " Fairness " agenda are all for the birds. The real agenda is the long term one that the union officials have been ...
16) ... programme as a result of its defeat is, in my view, for the birds.
17) ... that it has a socialist president who figures that balancing the books is for the birds.
18) ... they'll win - all that 'New Tory' modernising garbage is for the birds.
19) No one is ever enlightened. Enlightenment is for the birds.
20) Enjoying the company of others can be done without small talk. Small talk is for the birds.