"for the time being"
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you heard that all shipments to our biggest customer have been suspended?
Colleague 2: Is this a permanent situation?
Colleague 1: No. Just for the time being. At least until they start paying their bills.
Colleague 2: So shipping will start again?
Colleague 1: Yes. Soon, I hope.
Two parents are talking ...
Father: I can't believe that our daughter stayed out past her curfew again. I have grounded her and taken away all her electronic privileges.
Mother: I understand grounding her but she will need her computer for homework.
Father: For the time being, the full punishment stands. We can discuss when to give back her computer privileges but her grounding will continue for some time.
There is no gerund form for for the time being.
1) For the time being, this court order resolves the on-going dispute in terms of the conduct of a ...
2) So this is largely the question of commercial feasibility. # For the time being, Russian liquefied natural gas transportation seems the best choice.
3) ... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.
4) We just feel that for the time being, it's a necessary policy.
5) In the end, we decided to exclude Denmark for the time being so that some other countries could get a chance.
6) ... with the rider that margins have probably peaked for the time being.
7) ... immediate security measure, other convoy movements in Syria have been suspended for the time being pending further assessment of the security situation.
8) For the time being, at least, the arrival of the princess is a welcome distraction from the potential ...
9) ... applications received for new outlets are not being considered by the department for the time being until the government comes up with guidelines.
10) But, for the time being, the two bridges will share the load of traffic.
11) ... few are prepared to follow through, at least for the time being.
12) ... is expected to stay on for the time being -- despite criticism of his role in the crisis.
13) ... who will keep that ranking at least for the time being regardless of Monday's result?
14) ... especially on the billing side, which has become redundant for the time being -- and possibly indefinitely.
15) A date is still to be set. Everything remains as is for the time being.
16) Here are some books by authors who are, for the time being, off the beaten track.
17) ... and won't release any more animals into the wild for the time being.
18) ... an increase in the federal funds rate has strengthened but decided, for the time being, to wait for further evidence of continued progress toward its objectives.
19) ... have evacuated the police stations, which are expected to remain shut for the time being.
20) For the time being I have suspended approval for any borrowing unless its extremely justified.