"to be full of hot air"
to talk nonsense;
to say things that are not true;
Related words and phrases:
Bill is a used car salesman. One day, he is trying to sell a car to a potential customer. Bill talks and talks about the virtues of a car that the customer is interested in. Anyone can see that the car is old and rusty. It is not a good car but Bill insists that the car is fantastic and is reliable and a good value for the money.
Bill is full of hot air.
Grace is not happy that her mother-in-law, Anna, is coming to visit. Anna is always going on and on about how wonderful her life is and how much money she has and how nice her house is. Grace thinks that Anna is...
full of hot air.
Being full of hot air often makes other people not want to be around you.
1) I am full of hot air when I toot my own horn.
2) You are full of hot air when you tell lies.
3) He is full of hot air when he does not stop talking.
4) She is full of hot air when she exaggerates her life.
5) The government is full of hot air when it claims it will lower taxes.
6) We are full of hot air if we continue to talk when no one is listening.
7) You (all) are full of hot air if you (all) tell others that your house is bigger than it is.
8) They are full of hot air when they blow their own trumpets.
9) Many of them are not genuine and full of hot air.
10) These people are full of hot air, and neither opinion gets you where you need to be.
11) You AGW people are just full of hot air and wild suggestions.
12) I believe these people are just loud mouthed and very negative, full of hot air.
13) You are an intellectual lightweight, full of hot air and a complete waste of everyone's time.
14) Am I full of hot air, or is there a method to my madness?
15) Tell the doctor that he or she is full of hot air and make no changes to your lifestyle.
16) Bluffing is no more than being full of hot air.
17) Argentina are as usual just full of hot air with their threats of taking future oil companies to court.
18) Only the biggest egos, those most full of hot air are afraid of a rude person.
19) The opponents are full of hot air who deep deep down know that they are on the wrong side of history.
20) Obama is just full of hot air and doesn't have a clue.