"to get a head start"
to obtain a favorable beginning usually in a competitive situation;
to obtain an early start usually in a competitive situation
Related words and phrases:
Ned and Grace are planning to go camping for the long weekend. They know that if they wait until after work on Friday that the traffic will be terrible and it may be difficult to find a campsite. It will take them an extra two hours to arrive at the campsite if they do not...
get a head start.
Ned and Grace will leave Friday at lunchtime and avoid the bad traffic.
Pamela's son, Aaron, will start kindergarten next year. Pamela wants Aaron to do well in school. Pamela decides to start teaching Aaron his ABC's at home before he goes to kindergarten. This way, Aaron will...
get a head start learning his ABC's.
Getting a head start can be is a great way to begin anything.
1) I get a head start when I begin early.
2) You get a head start when you read the chapter before class.
3) He gets a head start when he gets up early.
4) She gets a head start when she begins her Christmas shopping in October.
5) The company gets a head start when it advertises before its competitors.
6) We get a head start when we are first off the line.
7) You (all) get a head start when you (all) prepare before the event.
8) They get a head start when they leave the house early.
9) I really need to get a head start on housecleaning, so I can come see you.
10) Don't be last minute. Get a head start and book your flight early.
11) If you want to try Noma, better get a head start: the restaurant books up months and months in advance.
12) When I'm up before my son and can get a head start on my day it makes the world of difference.
13) At Barnard College, enrich your academic experience and get a head start on college in the world's greatest city.
14) Don't let China get a head start on this stuff... we will pay dearly in the future if they do.
15) This year we decided to change our ways and get a head start on the gift season by launching our very own online shop.
16) Don't drink excess amounts of water in the hopes of getting a head start on your fluid requirements for the race.
17) The former Fast Show star Simon Day is getting a head start on his fellow comedians by releasing his memoirs.
18) Getting a head start will only be of benefit to you as you progress.
19) Getting a head start on my steak would reduce the preparation time.
20) I love getting up early and getting a head start on the day.