"to get a move on"
to become motivated to action;
Related words and phrases:
It is a quarter to six, late on a Friday afternoon. Two coworkers are finishing up their work for the week when one coworker looks at the clock ...
"Hey, we better get a move on if we want to catch happy hour."
If the two coworkers don't hurry and leave soon, they will miss the cheap drinks at their local drinking establishment.
Ned and Grace are surveying the disaster in their living room. Their grandchildren have just departed after a weekend visit. As a result, Ned and Grace's living room is full of toys and games and is very messy.
Grace: Well, I suppose we should get a move on and get all this cleaned up.
Ned: OK. I want to catch the game on TV later. Let's get the job done!
Getting a move on often means that you can accomplish many tasks.
1) I get a move on when the job needs to get done.
2) You get a move on when there is a deadline.
3) He gets a move on when he is in a hurry.
4) She gets a move on in the mornings.
5) We get a move on when the end of the day is near.
6) You (all) get a move on before it rains.
7) They get a move on in order to finish the work.
8) No matter how stalled your life may seem, you can always get a move on!
9) The list goes on but right now it's time for me to get a move on -- I'm off to Strongman Sunday at the gym.
10) He'd really have to get a move on if he was to avoid getting pneumonia.
11) The reason the clowns need to get a move on is that it's 5bn higher than it was three months ago.
12) There aren't many junior roles around, so get a move on and email us.
13) The Germans had better get a move on in sorting their relations with foreign workers.
14) Well they better get a move on. Less than 90 minutes to actually pass any stop-gap legislation before midnight.
15) I would be OK in my T-shirt and shorts and we had to get a move on so as not to miss our impending lift to the airport.
16) He's going to have to get a move on. No time for a cup of tea.
17) AS-P needs to get a move on it, and make it happen soon.
18) At that moment, Ted realizes that he had better get a move on if he too hopes to find true love.
19) I'm ready to get a move on and go try my hand at something new.
20) Shut the bus doors and the driver will get a move on.