"to get in your own way"
to construct artificial obstacles to your own success
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Well? Your yearly performance review is this afternoon. Are you going to push for a raise?
Colleague 2: I don't think so. I really did not do well this year and I did not meet some of my goals.
Colleague 1: Never mind that. Don't get in your own way. You worked hard this past year and you achieved a lot. You deserve a raise.
Colleague 2: Thanks.
10 Ways to Not Get in Your Own Way
1. Remember why you are doing it
2. Think about the outcome
3. Focus on the important stuff
4. Listen to music
5. When you get tired, move around
6. When you get frustrated, meditate
7. Stop comparing yourself to other people
8. Give up the ridiculous ideas of perfection
9. Pat yourself on the back — a lot
10. Help someone else
Getting in your own way is one of the biggest impediments to success.
1) ... offers you an opportunity you haven't previously pursued, don't get in your own way. Doubts are normal, but the more you practice your elevator pitch and ...
2) ... is help you not sabotage yourself and help you not get in your own way when you're trying to lead a good life.
3) ... a player we start over-thinking too much, you know, you get in your own way, we've all done it.
4) Don't get in your own way, and don't paralyze yourself with your words. Empower yourself!
5) ... is guaranteed in dating, so all you can do is keep an open mind and an open heart and try, as hard as it may be, not to get in your own way.
6) Sometimes it can work like that if you don't have time to over-think something, you don't have time to get in your own way.
7) Don't get in your own way here. Just let it be.
8) Don't get in your own way! It's OK to approach with caution, but eventually, you have to let someone in.
9) The biggest trick here is not to get in your own way. You might feel deflated that your slam-dunk answer only received a tepid response.
10) For instance, if a mentor or friend offers you an opportunity you haven't previously pursued, don't get in your own way. Doubts are normal, but ...
11) In the end I can only advise, 'do not get in your own way'. Overcome yourself and the blocks you impose on yourself and your progress.
12) At your age, if you have something that you want to learn, or you have a risky job offer in your hands, don't get in your own way. Don't let the ...
13) Don't let your mindset get in your own way. Negotiating your salary is absolutely not an over-the-top thing to do.
14) Don't get in your own way. Don't wait. Be truly open to new experiences. Enjoy time with yourself.
15) What a solid, good, virtuous character does, among other things, is help you not sabotage yourself and help you not get in your own way when ...
16) If you try to do too much, try to do this or that, you get in your own way. So you just go out there and control the things you can control and ...
17) Do you seem to get in your own way? If this sounds like you, then you may be engaging in self-handicapping.
18) It's easy to self-sabotage and get in your own way. Once you stop doing that and dispense with the guilt, everything will change.
19) Her approach is the right one, don't get in your own way, don't worry about the attitudes of other, do your best for yourself, push for the best deal ...
20) ... in that moment again to start thinking about the outcome: you fight not to lose, or you try to force the victory and you get in your own way.