"to get off on the right foot"
to make a successful start often by establishing good relations
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Welcome to your first day with the company.
Colleague 2: Thanks. Do you have any advice for me? I would really like to do well here.
Colleague 1: We have a staff meeting this morning. If you want to get off on the right foot with the manager, be prepared to put some ideas on the table. The manager really likes to hear as many different ideas as possible. It doesn't matter how good the idea is, just that you produce many of them.
Colleague 2: Thanks for the advice. I am sure it will help me establish a good relationship with the manager right from the beginning.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well, it looks like our little business is ready to start selling products. How do you think we should launch?
Friend 2: Getting off on the right foot is critically important so we want to be sure that our launch is a success.
Friend 1: I agree. A successful launch almost ensures the success of our business. We need to make a good impression and start selling product right away.
Getting off on the right foot can mean the difference between success and failure of a project.
1) ... wedding solemnizers to share advice with couples to help them get off on the right foot.
2) Daley knows a win in game three is vital to get off on the right foot in 2017.
3) ... stay positive, a vital asset to make sure things get off on the right foot.
4) ... so we're hoping that we can get off on the right foot and have at least one or two meetings with the new minister.
5) ... or young are given every single opportunity we have to get off on the right foot, to ensure that they have a great life here.
6) If they want to get off on the right foot, they have to be honest and tell their future boss where they gained their ...
7) ... the first day of class. Use this time to get off on the right foot.
8) ... periods are a tool meant to help student loan borrowers get off on the right foot. Their intent is to give borrowers some time to find a job and get ...
9) Get off on the right foot. Making a small investment in gear now will save you loads of aggravation later.
10) Ensuring you get off on the right foot with a detailed and focused RFP document will play an important part in the deployment ...
11) I certainly didn't get off on the right foot: I couldn't get out of the rental company's parking lot.
12) ... your planning correctly at the outset, you not only get off on the right foot, but you also establish a framework for resolving disputes and overcoming challenges.
13) ... the very first day. It is much easier to get off on the right foot than it is to change their perceptions later.
14) ... even successors who don't have that advantage can still get off on the right foot by following the best practices of managerial succession.
15) We want to get off on the right foot in 2011 and get it right first time.
16) Seeing as Micah will be my boss I decide to get off on the right foot and diligently shop for innovative ingredients.
17) Things got off on the right foot, at least, with nobody having envy over anybody else.
18) The game got off on the right foot, with a solo home run from Miguel Cabrera in the first inning.
19) You have got off on the right foot; you are saving and have a savings plan.
20) ... started as a game publishing company, and we got off on the right foot with the quick success of games such as ...