"to get off someone's back"
to stop nagging, annoying or criticizing
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think I am going to quit my job.
Colleague 2: Why?
Colleague 1: No matter what I do, the boss just won't get off my back.
Colleague 2: He criticizes everyone the same way.
Colleague 1: Well, I don't like the constant nagging. It's time to make a change.
Two teenagers are talking ...
Teen 1: Nag, nag, nag. That's all my mother does.
Teen 2: What's she bothering you about so much?
Teen 1: She wants me to get my college applications submitted.
Teens 2: Then just fill out the applications and send them in and your mother will get off your back.
Getting off my wife's back meant that I had to not care about certain issues.
1) Mom, get off my back. You're starting to get really aggravating, you know that?
2) I told the Barrie Police two months ago to get off my back and stop harassing me but they won't stop.
3) Hopefully now everybody will get off my back and realise why I came here.
4) If you are going to fire me then do it now or get off my back.
5) Get off my back and do not insult me further.
6) ... but no one wants to give this man credit. Get off his back, he did nothing wrong.
7) Get off his back Mr Willgilly and say something positive about how well he played yesterday.
8) Rogers had nothing to do with that, so get off his back.
9) ... he was sullen and rude and told them to get off his back before locking himself in his room for hours.
10) Now they can get off his back. If grandpa wants to date, let him date.
11) If you tell someone to get off your back, you are asking them to stop finding faults or criticizing you.
12) Even something as mundane as getting your boss at work to get off your back and treat your more fairly or whatever the problem is.
13) Get off her back. She is who she is.
14) I just wish people would get off her back and stop hating her for no good reason.
15) Even her parents understood that she had goals and were kind enough to get off her back on the whole marriage issue.
16) She did her part, so get off her back!
17) They hope and pray that the manager will get off their back but they refuse to move into action, hoping instead things will get ...
18) They can't unless they totally abolish the middle class! Enough already, get off our back, we are not mules.
19) My husband and I lie sometimes just so they can get off our back.
20) Fortunately, Paul never got off my back. He informed me of every programme that came up and kept urging ...