"to get off your high horse"
to stop behaving as if you know more or are better than everyone else
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Does Steve really think that he knows everything about everything?
Friend 2: No, not really but he likes to believe that he knows more than anyone else.
Friend 1: I suppose that if he got off his high horse, he might have more friends.
Friend 2: He is rather irritating.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I don't understand why I never get promoted. I am the best at all aspects of the job. I am far superior to any of my colleagues.
Colleague 2: Do you suppose you are not promoted just because of that attitude?
Colleague 1: Do you think I am arrogant?
Colleague 2: You might find that if you got off your high horse once in a while, people would find you more agreeable and, therefore, promotable.
Getting off your high horse could mean that you make more friends.
1) ... there would be no one coming to her aid. Get off your high horse. they are not "trivializing" what happened to that girl -- they are ...
2) She didn't cheat on you or me, so just get off your high horse already!
3) ... of people are telling you that you have a problem, get off your high horse and listen.
4) So you sir need to get off your high horse, and realize that we have no idea what is next!
5) Hey Andy. Get off your high horse. If your friends and family want advice on money, they will ask you ...
6) How about getting off your high horse? I too am making the transition from pirated win 7 to legal win 8.
7) ... start treating people the way YOU want to be treated and get off your high horse of religious superiority ...
8) ... don't have a problem with my drinking. Get off your high horse ya tee-totalers and mind your own business
9) If you actually get off your high horse most patients lives are saved by nurses not doctors, who rely on nurses to ...
10) ... fat-bashing is an ugly, lowest-common denominator activity. Get off your high horse and recognise the struggles these people face ...
11) ... such stigmatizing associated with mental illness, and people need to get off their high horse and realize that so many people have some sort of mental illness.
12) ... but sometimes I think locals should get off their high horse. Nationalism is old-fashioned and reactionary anyway.
13) The British will never get off their high horse and the GBP will be the doom of the average UK'er.
14) Californians need to get off their high horse and stop looking down on other states.
15) I think DebraSY needs to get off her high horse and try to understand her level of ignorance.
16) Tamar needs to get off her high horse and stop looking down and being so judgmental of her sisters.
17) It is a mess. Shouldn't we simply get off our high horse and not impose our views on others on matters so subjective as this?
18) We need to just step back, get off our high horse, and look at this from a civil liberties perspective.
19) Therefore, I'd better get off my high horse and stop pigheadedly demanding that it should not have occurred, when in truth it ...
20) Perhaps maybe the CEO needs to slapped around some and get off his high horse ...