"to get on the bandwagon"
to become involved with or support an activity or cause that has recently become popular (usually for some personal gain or advantage)
Related words and phrases:
Some years ago, there was a form of exercise that was becoming popular. It was called Pilates. All my friends decided to try out this new form of exercise. I thought that I would try it, too. I thought it would be an easy way to stay in shape so ...
I got on the bandwagon and gave it a try.
Elizabeth likes to dress well. She is always following the latest fashion trends. Lately, Elizabeth has noticed that crocheted clothing is becoming the latest popular fashion.
Elizabeth will get on the bandwagon tomorrow and buy a crocheted dress.
Getting on the bandwagon can mean that you will support a worthy cause.
1) I get on the bandwagon when I start a new popular activity.
2) You get on the bandwagon when all your friends begin eating at a new popular restaurant.
3) He gets on the bandwagon when he joins a new popular cause.
4) She gets on the bandwagon when a new fashion trend becomes popular.
5) The school administration gets on the good nutrition bandwagon when it implements a new healthy eating policy in schools.
6) We get on the bandwagon when we begin to cheer for a different sports team that is becoming popular.
7) You (all) get on the bandwagon by donating to the latest popular charity.
8) They get on the bandwagon when they start watching a new program that has a high rating.
9) They get on the bandwagon and vote against a project.
10) I'm a bit late to get on the bandwagon with this one, mostly because it is of no relevance to me.
11) As soon as we start to win they will get on the bandwagon and pretend they always thought Arsenal would be great.
12) If you're not on Linkedin.com, then get on the bandwagon. Its a very professional site.
13) At over 1000 fans and rising it's time to get on the bandwagon while we still have some indie credibility.
14) Everyone likes to get on the bandwagon and call for young people to be put in prisons for smoking marijuana.
15) Is some major label going to get on the bandwagon and distribute it?
16) Single and looking? It's time to get on the bandwagon and make this year yours.
17) Doctor Phil may want to get on the bandwagon and set up an intervention.
18) I've got to get on the bandwagon. I am a joiner, a follower, one who does what everyone else does.
19) This is once again a private company getting on the bandwagon.
20) Hate how politicians are now getting on the bandwagon to somehow get popular support.