"to get on your nerves"
to be an irritant or annoyance;
to irritate, annoy or exasperate someone a lot
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: There is a really strange noise about every minute or so. It's like a whir and a clank.
Colleague 2: Apparently, there is something loose in the ventilation system.
Colleague 1: Do you know when it will be repaired?
Colleague 2: It has been going on for months now.
Colleague 1: Doesn't the noise get on your nerves?
Colleague 2: It is quite irritating but you get used to it after a while.
Colleague 1: Well, it is driving me crazy.
Two mothers are chatting over coffee ...
Mother 1: The kids seem very quiet.
Mother 2: I have sent them to their respective rooms.
Mother 1: What happened?
Mother 2: As you know, it is the duty of little sisters to pester big brothers. Well, little Suzie kept annoying and annoying her big brother to the point where she just got on his nerves so much that little Karl got very upset and threw a toy at his sister. I sent them to their rooms.
Getting on your wife's nerves does not lead to a harmonious relationship.
1) Otherwise, stacks of mementos and books on every other surface will get on your nerves and you'll lose momentum. Take everything down and give your shelves a ...
2) Does your mother-in-law get on your nerves?
3) ... is no point getting worked up about it. The more they get on your nerves the more you must stay calm.
4) ... feel like an outcast. Your married and dating friends will get on your nerves sometimes, especially when they talk about their partners and rub it in your face.
5) ... a friend or relative is rather grouchy today. If they really get on your nerves just put on your headphones and tune them out.
6) Lately, however, she has begun getting on my nerves a bit. She complains loudly if I reverse too fast, accelerate urgently, ...
7) This insomnia crap is getting on my nerves.
8) ... to have some sort of freedom... It was kind of getting on my nerves, always being checked, always somebody there.
9) I've stopped dating at the moment because it was getting on my nerves a little bit.
10) Things I wouldn't have otherwise noticed started getting on my nerves, even trivial things (eg a noisy eater).
11) He got on his nerves so much that he ended up having a scrap with him.
12) ... and all these little stutters which got on his nerves.
13) The only reason he could give was that she nagged him and got on his nerves.
14) He was bound to get on her nerves. He got on everyone's nerves. His words touched our scars and sorrows.
15) Her husband's OCD does get on her nerves often and she berates him for the same.
16) ... but her nasally baby voice tends to get on her nerves.
17) ... after three days of living with somebody the person starts to get on my nerves.
18) He was a little brat. He would get on my nerves, I would always beat him up.
19) ... honking at everything, and unnecessary driving antics. Few things get on my nerves like careless driving.
20) She began to get on my nerves, constantly asking me what I ate and when I was going to the gym.