"to get someone out of something"
to make an effort to extricate someone from a situation or activity
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well, here we are miles from anything and you've gotten us stuck so bad we'll never get out by ourselves.
Friend 2: What do you want me to do about it?
Friend 1: You are the one who suggested we go down this crazy trail in the middle of nowhere. I just wanted to go for a Sunday drive. You got us into this, now you get us out of it.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You stalled and made excuses to the boss and now the report is due tomorrow and there is no way we can finish it.
Colleague 2: I didn't hear you saying anything for the past two weeks.
Colleague 1: Because I was doing my part. In fact my part is finished. I didn't cause this trouble. You got us into this mess. What are you going to do to get us out of it?
Getting your boss out of trouble with his boss earns you your boss's gratitude (we hope).
1) ... leave us wondering about how Socrates's way of understanding knowledge might be applied to get us out of the difficulties of accepting the conclusion.
2) ... a future in which modern and clean technology will help get us out of the environmental and economic jams we're in.
3) I am simply saying that we need a moral heavyweight to get us out of the coordination mess.
4) To argue that man's primary tool of survival is his reason doesn't get us out of the difficulty.
5) The man is not a miracle worker. FDR didn't get us out of the Depression in 18 months.
6) ... before as if to dare us to suggest that there might be another way to get him out of the corner he's in as a writer.
7) Are you saying there are no policy changes we could make today that would get us out of this?
8) ... and the only thing that can get us out of this slump is government spending and lending.
9) Iterating with this sort of mind set will not get us out of this.
10) That's what's going to get us out of this pickle we're in.
11) Emergency Locksmith Middle Park can help get you out of the bind quickly and efficiently.
12) ... team and this fact should never be taken lightly they are the ones who will get you out of the crap if it all goes wrong, look after them and ...
13) It had to be done but it does not get you out of the woods at all.
14) They're often pretty good and can get you out of the black hole.
15) ... this will help you see the positive side of life and can in fact get you out of the crisis!
16) ... and that just as technology got us into this mess, only technology can get us out of it.
17) You got us into this mess and it's clear you can't get us out of it.
18) men have gotten us into this mess, let's see if a woman can get us out of it.
19) ... sure we want to trust the people that dragged us into this mess, to get us out of it?
20) ... wealthy and powerful above all else that got us INTO this mess Obama can't get us out of it without fundamentally rejecting his core values.