"to get the picture"
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking about some syllogism homework they have been assigned ...
Student 1: Do you understand this homework?
Student 2: Yes, I do.
Student 1: Could you explain it to me please.
Student 2: It goes like this. If A=B and B=C, then A=C. Do you get the picture?
Student 1: Wow! Thanks. I understand now.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: There sure have been a lot of changes at work lately.
Colleague 2: Sure. Downsizing and outsourcing are only the beginning.
Colleague 1: What do you mean?
Colleague 2: It seems inevitable that the company will no longer have an office here.
Colleague 1: Oh, I get the picture. I should be looking for another job.
Colleague 2: Probably.
Getting the picture can be a satisfying experience.
1) If you are familiar with They Say, I Say then you get the picture; otherwise, read her article.
2) But you get the picture. In this novel, you get the picture from the first page.
3) In a word, it's not very long. Do you get the picture? Am I making sense?
4) I was mortified, angered, frustrated; you get the picture. We couldn't hear a word of what was being said.
5) The days are long and cold and tedious -- you get the picture. Everything is about survival. Nothing else.
6) I could go on, but you get the picture.
7) Our verse is John 6:55 Read the context around it to get the picture. I'll post a sermon later.
8) These figures are alarming -- to say the least. Do you get the picture? Our country is staring at the Greatest Depression ever.
9) We started to get the picture during the healthcare debate, it became far more clear with the billionaire tax break.
10) Magic Moon orange liquer. Moon Mountain wild raspberry vodka. You get the picture. # The beer ran out at 10pm.
11) Are you starting to get the picture?
12) I time the server, I time the client... you get the picture.
13) The quote is not totally correct but you get the picture.
14) It meant he could only go out on the leash. You get the picture -- it was a long 10 days.
15) Thousands of system administrators get the picture too, and it's wearing them out.
16) It didn't take long to get the picture: if they did nothing they'd be looking at a horrific scenario.
17) My example is a little crude but get the picture?
18) Are you starting to get the picture?
19) English muffin and a banana. Yogurt with cantaloupe. You get the picture. Fruit is the perfect breakfast food.
20) Add to it other countries bomb testing and nuclear releases and you get the picture.