"to get under someone's skin"
to irritate, provoke, annoy, bother or affect someone very strongly, in a way that is difficult to forget
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Ken always drums his fingers on his desk when he is thinking very hard and it is starting to really annoy me.
Colleague 2: It is just a nervous habit. Don't let it get under your skin.
Colleague 1: I know I shouldn't but it is starting to drive me crazy.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I can't stop thinking about this man I met the other day. He fascinates me. He is so handsome and interesting. I can't get him out of my mind.
Friend 2: He has gotten under your skin, has he?
Friend 1: I think I may be in love.
Getting under your neighbor's skin is not a good idea if you want to develop a long-term relationship.
1) The singer, who is known for her soulful voice that gets under your skin, has come out with yet another number directed at an ex-lover, ...
2) The frigid, austere gloom of Kronborg Castle in Elsinore gets under your skin and into your bones, ...
3) So the next time someone gets under your skin at work, take a few deep breaths, remind yourself that you have control ...
4) ... but somehow it gets under your skin and you can't stop thinking about it ...
5) ... film about victim-hood, told through the eyes of a child, gets under your skin and chillingly reminds you of the vulnerability of migrants.
6) It's so cold and creepy and it really gets under your skin. And it's got the most scary phone call of all time.
7) ... can't kick the crap out of any thing or person that gets under your skin.
8) ... but Krall's joyous and wise Izolda gets under your skin in ways both subversive and uplifting.
9) He gets under your skin and before you know it he is controlling you.
10) And next time your boss gets under your skin count to 10 -- and count your blessings.
11) ... and Tallis believes his selection is an attempt by Bennett to get under his skin.
12) I don't get personal with him. I get under his skin, yes, but that's all part of the game.
13) The Chilean is not often riled but Pardew really does seem to get under his skin. The two memorably clashed at ...
14) I'd never read anything like it before, it really got under my skin.
15) I don't mind mingling with the fans but this bloke just got under my skin, it was silly of me and I apologise for reacting the way I did.
16) ... a select few that are mean-spirited and their sole purpose is to get under her skin. She stated that there's only so much someone can take before they snap.
17) ... but she won't allow cruelty to get under her skin anymore.
18) According to Tate, she allowed Rousey's trash talk to get under her skin. When the cage door shut, she fought on emotion, ...
19) I'm not getting too heated. They think they're getting under my skin - Gallagher and all - but they're not, that's playing the game.
20) The second week, it was really getting under my skin but by the third week, I couldn't live without it.