Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Here goes another boring day at the office. I just can't seem to summon the energy to get enthusiastic about anything.
Colleague 2: Where's your get-up-and-go? We've got a bunch of prospective new clients to sell.
Colleague 1: Ya, I'm just not feeling it. Maybe a cup of coffee will perk me up.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I think I need to take the dog to the veterinarian.
Husband: Why? What's wrong? Is she sick?
Wife: I'm not sure. It is just that the for last couple of days when I took her to the park for a run, she just laid around. She didn't want to play with the other dogs. She wouldn't even fetch her favorite ball.
Husband: When a dog's get-up-and go suddenly disappears, it is definitely time for a trip to the vet for a check-up.
There is no gerund form for get-up-and-go.
1) ... pushes you, who makes you think. Who motivates you to get up and go, and try, and make things happen.
2) When you hire people with get up and go, don't be surprised that they got up and went.
3) Set your alarm to play one of your favourite, get-up-and-go songs.
4) ... but often has excess energy! She's one of those ones with all that get-up-and-go. Like most daredevil kids, she loves to do exciting things but she's
5) God created me to be. Joyful, carefree, bold, with heaps of get-up-and-go. Hence the shiny, purple laptop.
6) ... have our lives enriched by your projects, your global perspective, inspired by your get-up-and-go and sweetened by your principles in action.
7) ... experience something called sleep inertia -- that feeling of slowness, grumpiness, lack of get-up-and-go -- for anything up to two hours after waking up.
8) ... helps the body convert glucose into energy, but it's not the psychological get-up-and-go energy you feel day to day.
9) You lose interest in life. Your energy, emotions and' get-up-and-go' just drain away. It's hard to feel excited or enthusiastic about anything ...
10) Perseverance and motivation: Employers want people to have a bit of get-up-and-go.
11) ... out first thing in the morning on the bike requires epic amounts of determination and get-up-and-go.
12) ... switched on, ambitious, (usually) know what they want and have real get-up-and-go.
13) ... two extreme personality types: the unadventurous stay-at-home, who fears change, and the get-up-and-go self improver, who seeks opportunity.
14) Having an opinion, self-respect, a get-up-and-go and a desire to take responsibility for the things that affect us in all spheres ...
15) Tricky one to answer - it is possible that the electric motor may deliver enough get-up-and-go when starting from a fully charged battery but whether it will hold up over 50 ...
16) This results in more energy -- more get-up-and-go to exercise and stay active.
17) I admire you (and many others) for your get-up-and-go. My problem is (and always has been) my inherent laziness, so ...
18) ... intuitive, hardworking woman, a tea lady at a government office, a get-up-and-go mom with a lot of oomph.
19) What I would like to see is some proactivity, some enthusiasm and some get-up-and-go. Otherwise we'll find ourselves coasting obliviously through the depression and recession the same ...
20) These guys' natural get-up-and-go won't allow them wait around for contact, instead they create a job for ...